• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best way to fix a headliner?

Sagan

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
38   0
Reaction score
Got a sagging headliner in my truck. I guess the glue finally gave up.
I remember trying to fix one as a kid. Royal PITA. Anyone have any suggestions for an easy (and decent looking) fix?

Pull headliner down remove the padding with wire brush to get the headliner board and spray with 3m glue if you want to try and do it right take it out of vehicle much easier than working upside down .

I had a t-top Z-28 a few years back that was sagging in several places. I took a few hours and completely removed it including the backer board. I scrubbed all of the old rotted foam from the backer board with a wire brush. We to. Local upholstery shop and bought new headliner material. ( it has new foam) If you try to reuse the old liner it will sag again because of the rotten foam backing. I used the 3-M spray on both surfaces and glued it down. Trimmed it and re-installed it. It was still like new to years later when I sold he car. Hope this helps and it was not that hard to do. Just go to be careful and watch for wrinkles when laying the new material down.

Roll your truck over on to it roof-spray glue under the head liner and press down--alot easier working down then to work above your head----i know--i'm bored

Back
Top Bottom