• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best way to remove stupid color-fill

FredAlert

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
217   3
Reaction score
I have had a scourge of color-fill in my trades lately. I don't mind it on AR receivers and stuff but for the most part when I see HKs and Glocks munged up with the slide lettering all color filled it makes me close to physically ill.

I got a deal on a couple of such guns that was just too good to pass up and they are in perfect condition saving the silly red/white color filling.

Is there an easy way to get rid of this stuff saving having someone hit it with a bead blaster?

I have had a scourge of color-fill in my trades lately. I don't mind it on AR receivers and stuff but for the most part when I see HKs and Glocks with the slides all color filled it makes me close to physically ill.

I got a deal on a couple of such guns that was just too good to pass up and they are in perfect condition saving the silly red/white color filling.

Is there an easy way to get rid of this stuff saving having someone hit it with a bead blaster?

Winchester Break Free Powder Blast Gun Cleaner from Walmart knocks it right off.

I've removed it with a rag and some solvent. comes off pretty easy. people like the Hoppes solvent, I just use some carb cleaner on a rag, then re-oil when your done. only time I've been careful about it was on coated stuff like parkerizing or some of these duracoat/gunkote type. my AR's factory finish was never hurt by the carb cleaner, neither was my glock's. Just looks like poo until you re-oil.

-Carlo

Back
Top Bottom