• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best way to remove stupid color-fill

I have had a scourge of color-fill in my trades lately. I don't mind it on AR receivers and stuff but for the most part when I see HKs and Glocks munged up with the slide lettering all color filled it makes me close to physically ill.

I got a deal on a couple of such guns that was just too good to pass up and they are in perfect condition saving the silly red/white color filling.

Is there an easy way to get rid of this stuff saving having someone hit it with a bead blaster?

Dont be a hater.....love me some color fill, specially if its zombies....

yeah baby (austin powers voice)

Nail polish remover will work just make sure you use non acetone nail polish remover. The acetone has a high chance of messing up the finish. If you care about that.

You and me both. I love frog lube but I just use it for lubrication. I clean the bore with hoppes.
Bore Hoppes, gun innerds Hoppes, use what moisture is left of the hoppes on the toothbrush and scrub the near the fron where the powder residue is and usually just hit the test of the slide and frame. Then CLP in the more on a cleaning patch, clp on a toothbrush everywhere, then wipe with an old tshirt that has weeks of CLP on it.

Back
Top Bottom