• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beware MidwayUSA

They (Midway) shipped a 250 ct box of 405 grain 45 cal rifle bullets to me with no reinforcement, no extra tape, no poly bag on the interior. Of course it was busted on the corner when delivered and 83 bullets were missing. How do I know? Customer 'no' service told me to count the remainder and they'd issue a credit for .28 cents each for the missing bullets (.28X83=$23.24), no refund for their ****ed up shipping.

I will occasionally order something from them if Brownell's is out of stock.

I've only ordered a few things and the only issue I ever had was a lens cap/cover for a scope. It didn't fit. My fault, I ordered the wrong size. I called them to exchange it. They said, "No problem, we'll send the right one out right away and you can just keep that one." Received it in 48 hours and they didn't charge me a single cent more. :noidea: As alluded, I'm hardly a big customer...

Graf, Brownell's, Natchez, Midsouth etc. I used to like Midway USA, but in the mid 2000's something changed. I was told that's when his kids took it over and all the good deals went away. The really good shipping rates went bye bye too. They do have some really neat stuff. They had a deal on barrels years back for small ring Mausers. They (Midway) absorbed the company that made them and no they don't make them anymore. They were like $69.99 for a short chambered .35 Remington small ring barrel...

Graf, Brownell's, Natchez, Midsouth etc. I used to like Midway USA, but in the mid 2000's something changed. I was told that's when his kids took it over and all the good deals went away. The really good shipping rates went bye bye too. They do have some really neat stuff. They had a deal on barrels years back for small ring Mausers. They (Midway) absorbed the company that made them and no they don't make them anymore. They were like $69.99 for a short chambered .35 Remington small ring barrel...
Natchez pisses me off with their "dealer protection." I have to order and have it shipped to SC or FL and then wait for it to be shipped here or go pick it up on a business trip. I don't usually buy from them unless it's a smoking hot deal.

Natchez pisses me off with their "dealer protection." I have to order and have it shipped to SC or FL and then wait for it to be shipped here or go pick it up on a business trip. I don't usually buy from them unless it's a smoking hot deal.

I agree. I have NEVER understood the "no sales to GA" thing!!!

I now live in east TN now though......:cool-new:

They (Midway) shipped a 250 ct box of 405 grain 45 cal rifle bullets to me with no reinforcement, no extra tape, no poly bag on the interior. Of course it was busted on the corner when delivered and 83 bullets were missing. How do I know? Customer 'no' service told me to count the remainder and they'd issue a credit for .28 cents each for the missing bullets (.28X83=$23.24), no refund for their ****ed up shipping.

I will occasionally order something from them if Brownell's is out of stock.
That's weird. The same thing happened to me and they apologized and sent me a new box of bullets. I ended up with 73 free bullets.

Only time I ever ordered ammo from them was a bucket of bullets from during the shortage and they put it in a box with nothing else. When I got it the bucket was busted open and I was missing some bullets, but I wasn't about to count how many were missing. It was probably only 50-60 rounds. Other odds and ends I have gotten from them with no hiccups.

Only time I ever ordered ammo from them was a bucket of bullets from during the shortage and they put it in a box with nothing else. When I got it the bucket was busted open and I was missing some bullets, but I wasn't about to count how many were missing. It was probably only 50-60 rounds. Other odds and ends I have gotten from them with no hiccups.
Should have called them. You might have gotten a free bucket of bullets.

That's weird. The same thing happened to me and they apologized and sent me a new box of bullets. I ended up with 73 free bullets.
Well she ripped me off then, LOL! Nah, just kidding. In the big scheme of things it was a small matter but I remember....I remember....

Mr. Potterfield is just the face now. It's ran by others who are killing them with negative experiences. They have also burned bridges with vendors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom