• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big cat caught on my trail cam.

The best way to judge size is to find a picture of a deer or similar sized animal that was standing in the same general area of that camera site and compare it to the picture the feline.

I have pics of my dog in the same exact spot and this cat is every bit as big as my shepherd.
I realize the body shape doesn’t look like a cougar but I looked at a bunch of cougar pics from trail cams and noticed that at certain angles they can look like this.
If this cat turns out to not be a cougar I will be very relieved but it is definitely still a big ass on the loose.

Some domestic house cats get pretty big. 20 to 30 pounds and body weight and over 2+ feet long just in the head and torso, not counting the tail.
although the cat in the picture looks like a shorter hair breed then the famous Maine coon breed, check out pictures on the internet of Maine Coon cats and note their size.

(Some of the photos are faked, Photoshopped, or unrealistic due to extremely wide angle camera lenses & the cat being held forward by the person pushing the cat towards the camera.) Many of the pics are legitimate, and some of these cats look as big or larger than wild bobcats.

Looks like a house cat to me as well. Look at the tail of a cougar. It's very long, goes down to the ground, and curls like a question mark on the end. Not saying they aren't in GA because I have no doubt they wander through.

to me its a house cat, and im another that 100% there are panthers in northern georgia. the profile just looks wrong, legs look too short and just general outline just dont seem right to me and i've seen cameras do crazy thing with size and just a foot of difference. I've also had and seen ****ing HUGE cats, we've had a maine coon that was everybit of 2.5 - 3 feet long and weighed at least 25lbs, it was a big cat.

^^^^Im not opposed to eating crow but if it is a house at, which it has the profile of one then my camera is playing tricks on me.
I’ll have to post my pics of the dog another time as I just snapped this one from my phone while looking at my handheld chip reader.

Back
Top Bottom