• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bill of Sale?

Good question. Just a "bare bones bill of sale" IS, in fact and in law, a bill of sale!

Maybe he should just call it a receipt instead. If nobody signs it, isn't it just a receipt?

This stuff about confirming GA residency-- if he's a member of a Georgia-specific gun chat site, AND he gives to a GEORGIA-based phone number to use to arrange the meeting, and he shows up in a vehicle with a GEORGIA license plate on the back.... that's good enough for me. Nobody could say that I was on notice or should have had reasonable suspicion that he wasn't a Georgia resident.

Reminds me of the strangest meet/sale I ever had..
The guy assured me that he was a GA resident and not restricted from gun ownership and then wanted to meet in a public bathroom and pass money/gun understall and then insisted that I wait for him to leave first..

I declined.

OH boy a BOS thread!!!

We haven't had one of these in like forever!
Truly this is the longest we've ever gone..... :becky:

^ this! Haven't seen one in a while so I'm....

i.imgur.com_YJjRYnj.gif

Who's trying to hide? I buy firearms from FFL dealers on a regular basis, cheaper that a lot of the used ones on here.

The Ga plates on your vehicle are enough for me to assume that you are a GA resident.
You are absolutely correct. The PMs on the ODT are plenty enough for a transaction record.

The seller checked NO to BOS required, he just wanted;
"Usually do a bare bones BOS. Just names, date, and gun description. And a quick peak at GA DWL or DL to confirm GA resident."

I wonder what you get with a full blown BOS, in his opinion.
THIS ^^

Back
Top Bottom