• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bipod for AR?

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
I have a Colt Target Sporter AR that I am putting a flat-top CMMG on, and a scope. I am kinda thinking about sticking a bipod on it. Any opinions on a good bipod for something like this?

Thanks-
J

harris is about as good as it gets without going big $$$. I have the BR-S I think (6-9", notched legs, with swivel mount) mounted on a Larue QR mount. between the scope and eotech and bipod I can switch from CQB to varmint setup in about 2 minutes. now to get a QR for the vertical fore grip. :)

Harris would really be m choice. If money is no object Larue sells a Harris package with picitiney adapter. All that said, unless the rifle is going to be a heavy barrel or shot a lot off the bench you might not need it. Depends on what you are doing with the rifle, target bench, yeah sure, it would work fine, tactical carbine? No not really, been there tried that, pulled it off.

Tapco, I think also makes a decent bipod, forget the model, it was nice, smooth, with not sharp edges, the problem is that they were like 300 last time I checked, maybe they have come down since though.

Thanks for the tips!

I will mainly be target shooting (probably a little from a bench.) It will be an HBAR, but not a bull barrel. I am mainly changing out the upper so I can use a scope. I am aiming for something medium to long range, but nothing too over the top.

I definitely wouldn't consider a bipod too useful on a shorty, but on this one, maybe so.

-Thanks
-J

Back
Top Bottom