• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Birth year guns - Do you look for them?

I’ve just started look for them in guns that I collect, 10/22, Makarovs or whstever
I also by guns depending on Ser #
I found a Sig p226 with my sons birth day in the Ser #0002598. 02-05-98. Gave it to him when he turned 21.
surprise the heck out of him when he saw the serial number
I had to pointed out to him naturally...

Is finding a birth year rifle, pistol, revolver, etc, important? To me, yes. I searched for a specific S&W revolver made in my birth year for years and years. Came close to the year a couple of times, but just could not find the S&W I wanted.

I am a Marlin fan also, and I had been looking for a Marlin 39a Peanut. Why you may ask, because it was only made one year, my birth year. I found one about 9 months ago, but I did not pull the trigger quick enough and it sold. Then low and behold, one came up on ODT. A little more than I wanted to pay, but I was not about to let this one get away from me. So, I paid more than I wanted to pay, but I have it.

Just asking how you guys feel about searching for a birth year gun. If you have found one, what is it and if you haven't found it, what are you looking to find.

Marlin 39a Peanut (Made in 1951 only)

View attachment 2839224
It is nick named the "peanut" because of this peanut shaped brass insert

View attachment 2839226
I'm never actively looking for a birth year firearm but every old one I buy I do research the year and take a trip down memory lane about what was going on in my life at the time. It's kind of fun to wonder about exactly what you doing when a gun was being made.

Reactions: JWC
19 no dash.jpg

It is even better when it is the correct month. This one may look somewhat familiar to you JWC

Reactions: JWC
It does look familiar! Good looking revolver. Being the month of your birth year is very cool! Enjoy my friend.

Back
Top Bottom