• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blade Show 2023 - June 2-4

I like G10/Micrata decent blade steels (not a fan of D2 or super cheap chinese metals) and deep conceal pocket clips. Like flippers that are not assisted or a good thumb stud (no holes). Jimping is a plus.

I been looking at CVIVI, they look really good I need to try one.
This model looks tempting.

CIVIVI Mini Praxis Flipper Liner Lock Knife OD Green G-10​

CIVIVI cheavlier don't look bad, but 71 seems high for a china knife.

I'm getting out of higher priced knives for the most part. I like the Kershaw ones (have several of the USA models and really enjoyed them). I picked up a Kershaw Knockout at the last ODT show for a great price (that knife now is 125 on amazon). Used to get Benchmade until they did the whole gun thing. So I sold all of them (the 940 was great design).

I only been to blade show once and (before covid) and I picked up a three rivers (neturon or atom I forget). Still sitting in the drawer but I do enjoy that knife a lot. I think I paid like 105 or maybe 120 for that knife now they look to be over 200!!.

Really would like a 3 rivers one but don't' see paying 200 for that.

I'm open to suggestions. I do think knives are just fun and very useful.

If I get bored tomorrow maybe i'll wonder down, but thinking of using that 90 dollars trip money just toward a new blade online.

One thing you will need to do is kinda recalibrate your idea of price and what a Chinese knife should cost. These aren't gas station knives. A $71 Chinese knife would easily be a $150+ US made knife, all materials and quality being equal.

China is where Japan was in the 1980s. People called their cars "Jap Crap", meanwhile they cost a lot less and were better quality and it almost killed the US car industry...

Apple makes most of their products in China, and people rave about the quality of their products... It all comes down to quality. control. If they take pride in their work, it shows. Plenty of fat lazy Americans out there that don't care about their workmanship...

I can point you to some great knives...

Go to Youtube and check my channel, I have a ton of reviews of the value knives... Dave's Man Cave...

I like G10/Micrata decent blade steels (not a fan of D2 or super cheap chinese metals) and deep conceal pocket clips. Like flippers that are not assisted or a good thumb stud (no holes). Jimping is a plus.

I'm getting out of higher priced knives for the most part. I like the Kershaw ones (have several of the USA models and really enjoyed them). I picked up a Kershaw Knockout at the last ODT show for a great price (that knife now is 125 on amazon). Used to get Benchmade until they did the whole gun thing. So I sold all of them (the 940 was great design).

I only been to blade show once and (before covid) and I picked up a three rivers (neturon or atom I forget). Still sitting in the drawer but I do enjoy that knife a lot. I think I paid like 105 or maybe 120 for that knife now they look to be over 200!!.

If I get bored tomorrow maybe i'll wonder down, but thinking of using that 90 dollars trip money just toward a new blade online.

The thing about the show is that it gets you the chance to see stuff hands on before you buy. I was thinking about a Half Breed or Runt but wouldn’t see how they felt by comparing stats online. Turns out I only liked one of them in hand.

Same with checking our nighthawk customs. I never had hands on one before and it’s a big part of a higher end gun purchase.

WE has a HUGE display with hundreds of We and Civivi knifes. Kizer has many knifes that fit your description, as well. There's something for every price point at the show. Heck, my uncle found a $25 knife on Friday that he loves. Just gotta get in there and look around.

WE has a HUGE display with hundreds of We and Civivi knifes. Kizer has many knifes that fit your description, as well. There's something for every price point at the show. Heck, my uncle found a $25 knife on Friday that he loves. Just gotta get in there and look around.
Yeah, I forgot to mention Kizer, they are a great brand, real quality stuff and some cool designs.

I have their T1 and Towser K and both are excellent and under the $100 mark.

I didn't take any... I considered taking my GoPro and doing some vlogging for the channel but it was too noisy in there and didn't want to deal with an external mic and stuff. Maybe next year...

Here are the brands I would suggest you look at, either at the show or online:

1) Kizer
2) WE/Civivi/Sencut
3) Artisan Cutlery/CJRB
4) Sitivien
5) Vosteed
6) Rough Rider Reserve(make sure its their premium Reserve line)

I have plenty of midrange priced knives from Boker(Solingen), Microtech, Heretic, Hogue, Benchmade, LionSteel, MKM, Axial Gear... And to be honest, I would put a lot of those Chinese brands up against them any day... Yeah, they might have D2 or CPM154 instead of S30V or whatever steel... But at 1/4 the price, I don't mind. I am not a steel snob. If the heat treat is done right, it just doesn't matter to me for a general pocket knife. Some of the craftsmanship on knives like a Civivi Elementum, is just amazing at the price point.

Medford uses D2 on his $500 Pretorian Scout...

Here are some other options that I was really impressed with:

Back
Top Bottom