• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blade Show 2023 - June 2-4

Just finished walking the entire show today. $10 parking in one of the main lots.

Some new chinese companies but to be honest they have some screaming deals on well put together knives in a wide range of blade steels.

Didn't buy anything this year because the knife I wanted was already sold by the time I got there. ZDForge for anyone interested.

Lots of local boys there plying their trades. Some gentleman from Hog Mountain had some good looking knives I will be looking at in the future as well.

Lots of great Chinese brands there today, looked at some cool customs, but in the end I picked up a Benchmade Shootout OTF from Old Towne Cutlery's booth, a store in Cumming that I am in buying stuff from them weekly anyway... Got the Benchmade new for $303 out the door with taxes. Very nice OTF, super lightweight, like an Ultratech and a Bugout had a baby...

Lots of great Chinese brands there today, looked at some cool customs, but in the end I picked up a Benchmade Shootout OTF from Old Towne Cutlery's booth, a store in Cumming that I am in buying stuff from them weekly anyway... Got the Benchmade new for $303 out the door with taxes. Very nice OTF, super lightweight, like an Ultratech and a Bugout had a baby...
Old Towne are good folks. Love chatting with them in store, and laughing at ****ty traffic at the show today.

I've really enjoyed this years show. The knife community has some of the best folks you'll ever meet. Lots of people from different walks in life with a common interest in knifes, it's a good time.

It was a good show, just had to be wary of roaming groups of teenagers doing nothing but twirling balisongs... kept waiting for one of them to drop one as I walked by and skewer one of my Hey Dudes... Never understood the obsession with those things... I guess its the modern incarnation of juggling, or the hackie sack?

Anyone still at the blade show? Me and Realtor Realtor drinking beer and looking at chop chops. Free drink on us if still here. Lol. 👍

Great time at the blade show 2023! Nice to meet the few that were there when we were having a beer chitchatting.

SirBannedAlot SirBannedAlot wasn’t kidding! The knife twirling was in full force! There was one section I felt like I was walking through a blender. Lol. I guess I know why some vendors were handing out band aids.

Any good deals (under 85 dollars).

I used to be pretty into knives, but so many seem to be overpriced after having them.

Hate the entry tickets are 30/dollars and they charge the vendors (double whammy).

Sounds like between gas, tickets, parking, lunch be close to 90 bucks to attend.

Any good deals (under 85 dollars).

I used to be pretty into knives, but so many seem to be overpriced after having them.

Hate the entry tickets are 30/dollars and they charge the vendors (double whammy).

Sounds like between gas, tickets, parking, lunch be close to 90 bucks to attend.

Lot of good deals with a bunch of the Chinese brands. Vosteed, CJRB, Civivi, Sencut, Artisan Cutlery and others...

They have really turned up the heat in the past few years... Good materials, and they have been CNC machining some high quality stuff that's affordable.

What kind of knives do you like?

I like G10/Micrata decent blade steels (not a fan of D2 or super cheap chinese metals) and deep conceal pocket clips. Like flippers that are not assisted or a good thumb stud (no holes). Jimping is a plus.

I been looking at CVIVI, they look really good I need to try one.
This model looks tempting.

CIVIVI Mini Praxis Flipper Liner Lock Knife OD Green G-10​

CIVIVI cheavlier don't look bad, but 71 seems high for a china knife.

I'm getting out of higher priced knives for the most part. I like the Kershaw ones (have several of the USA models and really enjoyed them). I picked up a Kershaw Knockout at the last ODT show for a great price (that knife now is 125 on amazon). Used to get Benchmade until they did the whole gun thing. So I sold all of them (the 940 was great design).

I only been to blade show once and (before covid) and I picked up a three rivers (neturon or atom I forget). Still sitting in the drawer but I do enjoy that knife a lot. I think I paid like 105 or maybe 120 for that knife now they look to be over 200!!.

Really would like a 3 rivers one but don't' see paying 200 for that.

I'm open to suggestions. I do think knives are just fun and very useful.

If I get bored tomorrow maybe i'll wonder down, but thinking of using that 90 dollars trip money just toward a new blade online.

Back
Top Bottom