• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Blinker issues

I feel silly posting and asking for advise, but a dad-gum blinker has got me whooped.

2006 Ford Fusion. The front driver side blinker stopped working. No big deal, got a new bulb and installed. The bulb now comes on when the lights are on, but will not operate with the turn signal activated.

I've searched the internet and can't seem to find a diagram that shows if there is a fuse associated with the blinker. The passenger side works just fine. The only thing I've found says it's a $600 electrical job. Thought I'd get advise from you all first.
Only one side? Not a fuse.. wire,bulp or plug..

Swap the 2 front bulbs..see what happens..

1f1bc7b9cfb263b086ee0d6d777b1e09.jpg

Need me to come look at it?

That would be cool. No rush on it.

I appreciate all the advise, but I don't have a meter. I stay the heck away from electrical work, I just don't understand it and I get zapped EVERY TIME I mess with it.

Lots of good info in here. I was going to try the whole switch the bulb thing, but there's not enough room on the passenger side to get my big meat hooks to it. I think it's the right buld, the numbers matched from the old one to the new one. It was a two pack, so I tried both with no luck. All other lights work as they should.

I appreciate the offer @sniper22 I'll keep you in mind if geezer geezer and I can't get together.

I have an apollo 9 and Zeus w/2 channel scope. Maybe about to add the matco 3.0

zeus are great I just don’t like paying monthly subscription and they are getting to point you don’t have to be a mechanic and figuring things out but they are red flagging what’s out of specs
I want to still be a tech
Matco 3.0 is nice but stay with Zeus

I find it hard to believe a single turn signal is fused. If the other signals are working the relay if probably fine. I'd swap a working bulb in, if that doesn't work, break out the multimeter and work back up the wiring loom.

correct single location turn isn’t on its on fuse
But left side and right side is

I had a very similar issue with the turn signal in my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It persisted for 2 years before my buddy suggested a fix. I took it to the dealer several times, and they could not reproduce the issue. And it was nothing that I could make occur on demand.

The issue was that the turn signal would work normally whenever the vehicle was just started, and it would continue to operate without issue for several minutes until the car warmed up. The issue was more prevalent in the warmer months, and in the cooler months, I could sometimes for for a very long period before it occurred. I even replaced the turn signal stalk in an attempt to correct the issue.

It turned out to be a bad relay module. I finally found an article on the web that laid out the cause. What was happening is that there was a hairline crack in the circuit board. So long as the module was cold, like in the winter, the circuit board would not expand, and the electrical circuit was maintained. However, in the warmer months or when the interior heat was sufficient, the relay module would warm up enough to cause the circuit board to expand, breaking the circuit. In the end for $40 and about 5 minutes, the problem was solved.

Back
Top Bottom