• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Body Armor

Anyone have experience with Gilliam Tactical? I see his stuff on Tik Tok. It's a composite PE ceramic dual contour that he makes by hand and it's not terribly expensive either. He has videos showing what it stops

I have a few different lvl 4 setups I really like my shellback sf and the ferro slickster.
Velocity mayflower apc is good too.
Really just depends on what you plan on doing and budget

I like the mayflower. That's the one I have and use. It most closely matches plate carriers in the Army as far as shape and design. I have steel plates with Kevlar in the front and trauma pad behind them. It is heavy. They are good to have as back up, but if you're in it all day you will be sore. I would recommend a high quality level four ceramic or some similar design to lower weight. I am in shape and run and lift a lot and the plate carrier is rough on me with a full kit attached.

I went with a 5.11 TacTec multicam that I modified with disconnect sliders in the front and to accept my chest rig placard. For plates, I went with Mira level IV ceramics (5.9 lbs each). I chose the 5.11 for comfort and the emergency egress system.

I also have a simple, rapid response plate carrier with level IIIa steel plates, but I only use that for exercise and training in case I ever need to use the good one.

If anyone is looking for a Plate Carrier I have:
1 5.11 TacTec in FDE (new) - $160 shipped USPS Priority
https://www.511tactical.com/tac-tec-plate-carrier.html

1 Yakida Multicam (New with tags) - $120 shipped USPS Priority

PM me if interested. I am currently located in Florida and I am in forced exile from the great state of Georgia due to work.

Back
Top Bottom