• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Books discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see this thread before, but I enjoy reading immeasurably. Reading before bed is great and usually involves fiction for me. Currently just started the third book in the expanse series.

Usually read that type stuff (sci fi, fantasy, occasional mystery). And absolutely am a big fan of Stephen King. Don't judge his books by their movies!

Also read other more technical reads when I can and more during day hours; electrical guides, army handbooks, IRA field guides, or out there stuff like "the secret teachings of all ages".

I truly believe reading educates, expands the mind, and can change the way you view things. At the very least, do it enough and you will stop posting items for sell, sail, cell. Lol.

Haven't been in the right frame of mind to read much lately since we closed our book store. Hard to compete with Amazon. Who knew. Glad to see such enthusiasm. It's a demanding business. In our short attempt we brought in some great authors like Haywood Gould, Craig Johnson (wrote Longmire) John Connolly, Jefferson Bass, Paul Barrett (Glock) Lt. Col Steve Russell (The Bn. C.O. that pulled Saddam Hussein out of the hole) Brad Taylor and Brad Thor to name a few.
Learned a lot about the industry but once we realized what we were up against, it was a matter of survival. Seemed like the harder we worked, the behinder we got. Support your local bookstore. They'll appreciate it.

I have a local store that I frequent and purchase from when I am close by.
If I were to go in the book business I would most likely deal in used only and rent a space at a nicer antiques mall...or online.
I can imagine it is a tough gig.

Love to read!!! Just got done with the killing school. Also finished a book about a b17 bomber Capt that got sent to Ukraine towards the end of the war to help ferry bombers that had to fly to Russia after bombing Germany, but when he got there he found out that wasn't why he was there at all. They made him a sort of spy. And to pick up us soilders that we're being liberated by Russians in pow camps.
They just shot there own for getting caught, let ours roam the woods.
Good read

Recovering from surgery and reading sure helps pass time and opens the mind. Just finished "Alone in the wilderness" . 30 years in Alaska with tools and gun. Built his cabin , caught fish and took game as needed . His daily journal makes a good read.

Anyone interested PM your address and it will be on the way.

Love O'Conner and Rourak also

I've been reading through the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I am finally at the final book (7th) and the suspense is killing me as to how it ends. The fact the the man has been writing the series for more than 15years speaks to the depth of his creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom