BOS......WHY ?

LIGHTNINGSTRIKE13

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
OK guys I'm pretty sure I just did a deal killer. I don't do bill of sales basically because it's a waste of time, they are not legal for anything, and to be truthful it's just my personal preference.... I've done a bunch of trades, sells and buys never had to fill out one nor have I ever asked for one.... Chime in what say you ?...And I know I've seen this question asked before so if my stick is beating the horse to death, mods will you put it in the appropriate place.

Ok to ask the question if you haven't seen the threads on it before. Somebody had to ask it the first time and I'm assuming they didn't get beaten up for asking their question.

I don't get the bill of sale either. I guess some people want to feel like they can account for the weapon in case they are ever asked. They may not realize that they can't get in trouble over it down the road if they made a legitimate sale and don't know to whom. They may not realize that many people just don't want to hand over their personal details to a stranger. I won't fill one out either for that reason. I don't want paper trails of me in someone else's hands. they don't know they are killing their deals by asking for that stuff. or they feel like people who wont' complete something must be up to no good.

I guess just a difference of opinion and perspective and priorities. I always think its a shame when I see something i might want but they want to require a BOS. I walk away. Iv'e considered asking if they would forego the BOS, but don't want to get into it. I assume we just have different perspectives and I"m better off going my way and letting them go theirs.

20 plus years ago I sold a model 59 and 586 to a guy. I purchased the 586 new so original paperwork was on me. A year later the FBI agent was at my job because the DB I sold them to went and robbed a bank and shot someone , got shot, and killed. I was very happy to hand that fbi agent the BOS that documented the date that I no longer owned that gun. That's why I do them if I sell to someone I do not know.

Back
Top Bottom