• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bought the wrong bike... Give me some advice on a new one.

Beastie

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
So I bought a Honda VTX 1800... Stupid stupid stupid. I am a brand spanking new rider, I have passed my MSF, but that is the only experience I have. So the 1800 is just way to big for me (I've currently got it listed on the trading post). I can sit on it and hold it fine- but I want something a bit more narrow and shorter take and trail, smaller engine, more narrow handle bars- just SMALLER. LOL... I would love to keep a pretty standard/naked look... If I can. I think ;)
I love the new Vulcan S. I like how I fit on it, the size of it (engine size too)... But I need to keep the cost low- like $3500. So that bike is out. Plus it's my first... I am sure I will **** it up- I really don't want to **** up a brand spanking new one. I have seen a couple of interesting models while I have been searching (the "bolt" I think was one)...
What would yall suggest I look for that I would actually be able to find used... Any words of wisdom would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

There is a dealership in Marietta called WOW "World of Wheels". They have lots of makes / models... Go take a look and see what you like.

yup1800 is a big heavy bike, not for a new rider. There are a ton of smaller bikes available in that price range, Im assuming you want a cruiser rather than a crotch rocket? The vstar 650's would probably be a good choice as they aren't that old for that price.

I'm a sportbike kind of guy, but my neighbor has the Suzuki M50.. Nice Muscle bike, will go through the corners as fast as my ST1100 sport tourer, they are cheap, light, maneuverable fuel injected.. Great bike and I'd highly recommend it for a newish rider. Style wise its very much like the VTX1800, just in a smaller, better handling package :)

I test rode one of the M109R's and didn't like it at all, Big, heavy, cumbersome and not a lot of power for what it is (to me anyway) but that M50 is a hoot.. I steal it all the time :lol:

I'm a sportbike kind of guy, but my neighbor has the Suzuki M50.. Nice Muscle bike, will go through the corners as fast as my ST1100 sport tourer, they are cheap, light, maneuverable fuel injected.. Great bike and I'd highly recommend it for a newish rider. Style wise its very much like the VTX1800, just in a smaller, better handling package :)

I test rode one of the M109R's and didn't like it at all, Big, heavy, cumbersome and not a lot of power for what it is (to me anyway) but that M50 is a hoot.. I steal it all the time :lol:
I've never heard of it! (although that's a relatively easy accomplishment with my limited experience) I will definitely look it up and research it. Sounds right up my alley- thank you!

smaller is better?
I know, I know... who woulda thunk that a woman would ever ever want something smaller between her legs? Guess there is a first time for everything. :-D

yup1800 is a big heavy bike, not for a new rider. There are a ton of smaller bikes available in that price range, Im assuming you want a cruiser rather than a crotch rocket? The vstar 650's would probably be a good choice as they aren't that old for that price.

This.

Yamaha reliability and classic styling.

How did you end up with an 1800 anyway? Were you drunk when you bought it? At what point did something that big seem like a good idea for a new rider?

Back
Top Bottom