• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brass

darrenmd

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
Where is a good placed to pick up brass? 7.62x39.... I have been to Bass Pro...nothing.... Is online the way to go? Where?

From what I have been told, 7.62x39 is one of those calibers where it is cheaper to buy factory ammo than it is to roll your own. That, and a lot of that ammo is berdan primed and therefore not reloadable.

Powder Valley also has great prices, and they keep most of the not so popular brass in stock. Midways fast shipping and excellent customer service keep me going back to them for most of my stuff other than powder and primers. Powder Valley has great prices on the hazmat stuff though, with pretty fast shipping. I buy enough when I buy to offset the hazmat. I just checked, they have the Winchester in stock @$18.75 per 50ct.

Last edited:
Keep a watch on the Forum here and other Forums, sale or trade. I swap brass that I don't use for what I need all the time. I just picked up over 400 rds of 7.62x39 brass, didn't cost me a penny except to ship what I traded for. And I see it regular on some Forums.

+1, watch the forums and gunbroker.com. I have bought alot of brass from blue-star-inc.com, mostly brass for wildcats. They do sell once fired 7.62 39 as well, $30/100 for Rem. brass, not what I'd call cheap but it's there.

Back
Top Bottom