• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Braves Moving to Cobb at NW Corner of 75 and 285

Unfortunately? People try to avoid ghetto city armpits and it's unfortunate? Yea we do that because of the color of their skin, not because we don't want to get carjacked, robbed, property devalued, etc, etc. It's not white flight. It's common sense.

It's not color, it's socio-economic.

I wouldn't want to build a stadium in the middle of a trailer park either.

Much of the revenue generated by a professional sports team occurs outside of the venue itself and is scattered around the local businesses within walking distance of the venue proper. In other cities the real party begins after the game with full restaurants and bars, shopping and vendor carts. You get none of that at the Ted. Everything worth doing around the Ted is located within the Ted compound. Outside of those walls, its a mad dash to get to your car while fleeing beggers and armed robbers.

(Unfortunately) Hard working, freedom loving people can't take a wizz without being called a racist. This word scares some people so bad they will do anything. If you are not happy with our current Presbro, You are a racist. If you go to the new stadium in Cobb county, you're a racist.

Nailed it.
Much of the revenue generated by a professional sports team occurs outside of the venue itself and is scattered around the local businesses within walking distance of the venue proper. In other cities the real party begins after the game with full restaurants and bars, shopping and vendor carts. You get none of that at the Ted. Everything worth doing around the Ted is located within the Ted compound. Outside of those walls, its a mad dash to get to your car while fleeing beggers and armed robbers.

This is true.

If Atlanta wanted to keep The Braves, it could have cleared an area around The Ted and dedicated a proper amount of police presence to keep the riffraff out. They have had two decades to make that happen but I don't think anyone in Atlanta thought they would actually leave. The Braves have been treated like a neglected wife and Atlanta, like the husband, has the gall to act surprised.

This is true.

If Atlanta wanted to keep The Braves, it could have cleared an area around The Ted and dedicated a proper amount of police presence to keep the riffraff out. They have had two decades to make that happen but I don't think anyone in Atlanta thought they would actually leave. The Braves have been treated like a neglected wife and Atlanta, like the husband, has the gall to act surprised.

Turner Field is actually a very nice stadium. It just sits in an armpit area with high crime and no train access. I can't blame the Braves for moving but find it hard to believe they are moving to a venue with no rail service.

Turner Field is actually a very nice stadium. It just sits in an armpit area with high crime and no train access. I can't blame the Braves for moving but find it hard to believe they are moving to a venue with no rail service.

I am guessing they wanted out of Atlanta and I am guessing Atlanta is fresh out of sports subsidies. I am not sure how many people would actually take MARTA to the game. What's worse than leaving your car in the Braves parking lot? Leaving your car in a MARTA lot.

I am guessing they wanted out of Atlanta and I am guessing Atlanta is fresh out of sports subsidies. I am not sure how many people would actually take MARTA to the game. What's worse than leaving your car in the Braves parking lot? Leaving your car in a MARTA lot.

I would rather park at the airport or East Point then ride the train through downtown to get to the new venue than pay $25 to park, fight rush hour traffic and waste the gas. To be honest, I have no problem with the MARTA trains. I rode them to work for years and never had a negative experience worth remembering. I have never stepped foot on a MARTA bus and will not.

Unfortunately? People try to avoid ghetto city armpits and it's unfortunate? Yea we do that because of the color of their skin, not because we don't want to get carjacked, robbed, property devalued, etc, etc. It's not white flight. It's common sense.

I said it was unfortunate because people correlate the two....and I do believe that there are people involved in this decision that would fit the "white flight" mentality...which again....is unfortunate.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not color, it's socio-economic.

I wouldn't want to build a stadium in the middle of a trailer park either.

Exactly the point I was trying to make.....perhaps I was too obtuse.

Back
Top Bottom