• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Braves Moving to Cobb at NW Corner of 75 and 285

Just watched reeds press release. He mad. Cobb offered 450 million. Also said cobb would pay 65% of the structure tab. "Paid by Cobb tax payers and cobb will need light rail systems" per Reed. He is apparently a stadium expert and knows all about polls.

I like that I won't have to go to the hood to watch a game. However, I grew up in Cobb. Own a house here now. Spent 4 years living in Buckhead/Brookhaven. I've seen first hand what life forms ride Marta. Please don't bring those trains here.

Last edited:
Don't forget the Ga Sports Hall of Fame in Macon closed last year and is looking for a new home. Maybe this is it!

I hate being wrong, but, I'll be the first to admit it. Now that I'm sober, I realized that I mis-spoke (shut-up, it works for Obama :cool:). It wasn't the SPORTS Hall of Fame that closed....It was the MUSIC Hall of Fame. Well, I say "Change It Up" and bring the Music Hall of Fame to the new stadium area and offer something different.

By the time they figure out that this is one of the dumbest moves and location picks they could make.
The ones that made the decision will have the checks cashed and the money spent.
The loss will be at the tax payers expense.
Gwinnett Braves for me from now on.
Always thought it was a better game to watch anyways.

A. I suppose not but he has a bunch if other quotes about people being scared to come down to Atlanta because of black people.
Again, I don't agree with that sentiment but to say that it isn't part of the decision is naive.

B. It's not white flight, it's parking expansion, a move to the bulk of ticket sales, as the opportunity for an interactive community that will develop around it (walking distance) that Atlanta never provided.
I agree....but "white flight" is, unfortunately, a part of it I think....when was the last time you went south of 20? Not a whole lot of white folk down there compared to Cobb, Roswell, and Cherokee.

The braves will see more of my money, I quit going years ago. The ATL is a nasty crime infested, congested, poorly designed corrupt ****hole. I would love to see the placed leveled then rebuilt for folks that have money that can and will keep the place up.

I think in the end the Braves saw no real possibility of actually improving the area surrounding Turner field.... like actually making it a destination with
shopping and dining experiences. I wonder if they are thinking of a Wrigleyville type atmosphere?

How many times have you stuck around Turner field after a game? lol

I think in the end the Braves saw no real possibility of actually improving the area surrounding Turner field.... like actually making it a destination with
shopping and dining experiences. I wonder if they are thinking of a Wrigleyville type atmosphere?

How many times have you stuck around Turner field after a game? lol

Yeah, that's what they want. A lot of stadiums/arenas have other things to do around their area's. For example; Ford Field, Comerica Park, and new Detroit Red Wings Arena are all in the same area with places to go after the games. Another example is the University of Phoenix Stadium and the Jobing.com Arena area. Both areas give you a very nice experience and things to do before and after the games. Its smart that the Braves want the same.

Again, I don't agree with that sentiment but to say that it isn't part of the decision is naive.

I agree....but "white flight" is, unfortunately, a part of it I think....when was the last time you went south of 20? Not a whole lot of white folk down there compared to Cobb, Roswell, and Cherokee.

Unfortunately? People try to avoid ghetto city armpits and it's unfortunate? Yea we do that because of the color of their skin, not because we don't want to get carjacked, robbed, property devalued, etc, etc. It's not white flight. It's common sense.

Unfortunately? People try to avoid ghetto city armpits and it's unfortunate? Yea we do that because of the color of their skin, not because we don't want to get carjacked, robbed, property devalued, etc, etc. It's not white flight. It's common sense.

I don't care what their skin color is I don't trust anyone!

Back
Top Bottom