• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Breaking: Saban accepts Univ Texas job. Hook 'em horns!

last offer I heard was $10million per year plus a percentage of the Longhorn Network. If it is just about money then he is gone, but there are several intangibles... going to be a very interesting silly season

Is that how you felt when he went to the fins?
I was genuniely happy for him, but was disappointed for LSU. The Miami job was supposedly THE job he wanted (almost complete control over an NFL team). He lied. The fact a $7m contract has been sitting on his desk unsigned hopefully shows Bama fans where his true allegiance lies. ;)

last offer I heard was $10million per year plus a percentage of the Longhorn Network. If it is just about money then he is gone, but there are several intangibles... going to be a very interesting silly season
Dang. He'd be a fool not to take it. He could OWN that conference (such that it is).

I was genuniely happy for him, but was disappointed for LSU. The Miami job was supposedly THE job he wanted (almost complete control over an NFL team). He lied. The fact a $7m contract has been sitting on his desk unsigned hopefully shows Bama fans where his true allegiance lies. ;)

Theres not really much allegiance anywhere anymore. The dollar rules the roost. If anybody can sway him from Bama it's Texas.

If it is for ego, then he should go to Texas. It is going to take at least two more national championships to get out from under the Bear's shadow, but winning one at three different schools would truly make him the best ever. So there's that aspect and no one can pony up more money than Texas.

Back
Top Bottom