• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Breaking the law

aragorn1

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
22   0
Reaction score
If I purchase a pistol from someone on here that is under 21, have I broken the law in any way, since it was illegal for them to own in the first place?

But, if you KNOW that a certain person IS legally disqualified from owning a handgun, it probably would be a crime for you to buy it from them. Even though that means they won't have it anymore. I thought laws like that are stupid, but they're often on the books. Just like if you find some cocaine, it's illegal for you to destroy it (flush it down the drain, throw it into the wind, burn it in a fire...).

Thanks for the info, the one thing I love about this place is that I have gained immense knowledge from being a member and learning from others knowledge and experience.

Thanks for the info, the one thing I love about this place is that I have gained immense knowledge from being a member and learning from others knowledge and experience.

So Is it just that the person is under 21 yrs old or is there another reason why this person is prohibited from owning a firearm?

Back
Top Bottom