• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Budget Friendly Must Haves?

"Good" "$200" "Guns" contradiction of terms. JMO

I can't speak on the Taurus that was listed but the Ruger 10/22 is highly regarded as one of, if not the best .22 auto rifle. And the Maverick 88 is basically a Mossberg 500 pump action so they are solid as well.

Surplus Makarovs. Classic had some surplus Berretta 92's for under 300 a while back. You can get alot of surplus service or police handguns for almost nothing.

Mostly true, at least in terms of current domestically produced guns. BUT......
Milsurps! You can get a ton of quality guns for a fraction of the manufacturing cost.

*Winchester 190.

Solid and dependable. .22LR

*Mosin Nagant

Cheap fun and 7.62x54R ammo is still somewhat reasonable

*Ruger Mark I

Fun 22lr pistol, don't take the grips off unless you have the patience to put it back together. Would require some LGS or Pawn Shop scouting to get a clean example for $200 though

*Most complete bolt action 12 or 20 gauge shotguns.

Loads of fun shooting true or report pairs with one. It's fun to try and cycle the bolt fast enough.

I had a PT111 Gen 2. Really nice little guns on the cheap. Shot great, functioned fine, egronomics were good. I just couldn't get past the rattling magazines. When loaded with ammo, in the gun they rattled. I even tried a 3rd mag. I couldn't get over it. Even though it's a loud rattle 90% of the time I wouldn't notice it, but everytime I holstered or unholstered I'd hear it. It bothered me because I couldn't help but shake the gun everytime I had it out just to hear the rattle to the point I just sold it. It was a $200 nitestand gun. I liked it aside from that.

If it's just for fun I'd go with the 10/22. More options, cheaper to shoot. Plus you can get a great 22 suppressor for not a ton of money and make it really fun...

For 200 dollars I would just buy ammo.
Ya'll haven't ever had a Savage FV-SR then. They can be had for around $230 in stores, but I snagged one here, brand-new in box for $200.

It's one of the cheapest guns I've ever bought, and one of my favorites.

Lazarus Lazarus back me up here man. LOL

Back
Top Bottom