• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bullet hits my tree

He's only allowed to come out at night :(

Duh. You have to post Peter Parker in the daytime.

7cas14.jpg

If you've been hunting so long and raised so many kids, why don't you tell us how you kept your kids in a tree. Let us all know how to do it.
The HSS in some form or fashion has been out for over 16 years, my boys are 18,19,20. The two oldest have been wearing HSS since 2001. I bought all of them one in 2001. The two oldest boys wear them whenever they are in a tree prior to 2001 they all hunted in ground blinds, the youngest boy like his mom still prefers ground blinds, me started hunting out of Baker climbers in the late 70s with no harness, they just weren't commercially available prior to that lived in MI where tree stands were not allowed for gun hunters.. But like I said in 2001 we all got vests and wear them every time no exceptions..

As fun as this has been, It's that time again.

The kids are loaded up in the bed of the truck and we're off to perilously perch ourselves from unspeakable heights in a combat zone and wait for Bambi to walk by while not wearing safety harnesses, bullet proof vest or orange. The guns will be chambered and placed on fire while in the cabin so we don't miss the opportunity to shoot at something moving in the brush while we race through the woods on 4 wheelers without helmets (helmets only obstruct vision).

Safety being first and all, the kids will stop drinking at least an hour before we head out. I've heard hunting too soon after you've been drinking causes cramps and we don't want none of that going on.

This should keep the OSHA cop want to be busy until we get back.

Back
Top Bottom