• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bullet hits my tree

another attack dog steps in facts are facts and most of you choose not to look at them just take the op's story at face value.. If none of you want to hear facts block me and don't read my comments..

You're just an idiot that wants to troll a post. You should go back and read the thread, but I will cover the facts for you again.

1. We hear the bang
2. I say 22, my son nods
3. bullet hits the tree above his head.

You have no idea of the speed of #2, but somehow say that the time between 1 and 2 proves your right.

We're over 100 yards from our property line with very thick woods between us and a hardwood bottom on our neighbor's land. The neighbor has a teenage son that frequently hunts the hardwood bottom. (might not have been any member of the owner's family, I don't know because I never saw the shooter, just tracks running toward their house)

The bullet hit the tree in a downward trajectory (I know this from the fact that I found it below the entrance hole in the bark).

Bullet speed goes from 0 sitting in a chamber to supersonic back to subsonic. knowledgeable shooters know this fact well and understand what it does to a bullet's flight path.

The speed of sound is a constant, bullet speed is not. Equations are used to verify distance from a shooters position and bullet impact that cover the whole sound before, sound after fact. I've used that math more than once before electronics as many have judging from the size of the class that I went through.

The shooter could have been close and the bullet travel a long distance due to the angle of the shot. I'd draw you a picture if I thought it would help you, but I get the felling that you're too thick for it.

Your "facts" do not even come close to what happened in the woods with my son and myself. You show someone shooting a target, not an irresponsible shooter in the woods firing without thinking first. I really don't think we were getting shot at intentionally.

Troll on, at this point it's funny watching you gasp for air.

Last edited:
You're just an idiot that wants to troll a post. You should go back and read the thread, but I will cover the facts for you again.

1. We hear the bang
2. I say 22, my son nods
3. bullet hits the tree above his head.

You have no idea of the speed of #2, but somehow say that the time between 1 and 2 proves your right.

We're over 100 yards from our property line with very thick woods between us and a hardwood bottom on our neighbor's land. The neighbor has a teenage son that frequently hunts the hardwood bottom. (might not have been any member of the owner's family, I don't know because I never saw the shooter, just tracks running toward their house)

The bullet hit the tree in a downward trajectory (I know this from the fact that I found it below the entrance hole in the bark).

Bullet speed goes from 0 sitting in a chamber to supersonic back to subsonic. knowledgeable shooters know this fact well and understand what it does to a bullet's flight path.

The speed of sound is a constant, bullet speed is not. Equations are used to verify distance from a shooters position and bullet impact that cover the whole sound before, sound after fact. I've used that math more than once before electronics as many have judging from the size of the class that I went through.

The shooter could have been close and the bullet travel a long distance due to the angle of the shot. I'd draw you a picture if I thought it would help you, but I get the felling that you're too thick for it.

Your "facts" do not even come close to what happened in the woods with my son and myself. You show someone shooting a target, not an irresponsible shooter in the woods firing without thinking first. I really don't think we were getting shot at intentionally.

Troll on, at this point it's funny watching you gasp for air.

What do you know? It's not like you were there… Oh, wait... :laugh:

your avatar says it all..I really hope that is not you...lmao

the vid was to show how a bullet and the sound travel, now you say the bullet could have traveled a 1000 yards first it was 300 or so make up your mind...
pm the rest of your buddies and tell them what an ass I am hurry you need all the help you can get..

I hope you talk to daddy of the shooter with a better attitude, somehow I don't think you will.. bye bye..

FLAME AWAY......it really doesn't hurt...lol

Funny how when someone is proven to be an idiot they accuse the other party of soliciting help from other members.

I don't need any help from other members, I have the facts. The problem is, I'm trying to explain them to a dumbass that only wants to argue. This is proven by the amount of times you say bye bye and then post again.

Kinda reminds me of family members that stand at the door for 30 minutes before they leave.

What do you know? It's not like you were there… Oh, wait... :laugh:

I know right? I hate that the purpose of this thread got so derailed, but the interweb is full of folks like that I guess.

Happy hunting to all and remember if it's a trophy to you and legal to do so, take him and be proud. Just know what your doing when you pull the trigger.

Im sorry but I wouldnt be as calm about this as you. I would have went to the house that second and figured out the malfunction with your suspect lol

If it was a 22 you definitely could have heard the sonic crack before the bullet got to you, at 200 yards which i shoot 22 at quite often the delay is huge.

Clearly you must have missed the YouTube video posted earlier. Do you even physics, bro?

Back
Top Bottom