• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bullet Setback In New Ammo

Yeah especially in the ammo shortage or just trying to get back to even Keel again. I would think that a company like Sig could do it just a little bit better than that. Don't get me wrong they've made some fabulous guns but they've made a couple of Duds as well. I would hate to see that kind of situation pop up regularly with their ammo. That would make me think twice about buying a Sig product again.

When the P320 came out and they had that initial issue with drop safety, I was living way up north of the Mason Dixon, and I knew people who knew people at SIG. It appears that - based on what they told me - that SIG USA just didn't have the resources to undertake the necessary QA to support the military contract and for a few months, it was all hands to the pumps to staff their QA effort, so if true, it tells us a bit about SIG's ability to manage their business.

Add that (completely expected) QA requirement to dealing with a safety issue, and the whole place was (as reported to me) teetering on the edge of collapse. Didn't fill me with confidence.

On the other hand, I don't know of any other companies that have managed that kind of tsunami of demand for a new product without screwing something up.

When the P320 came out and they had that initial issue with drop safety, I was living way up north of the Mason Dixon, and I knew people who knew people at SIG. It appears that - based on what they told me - that SIG USA just didn't have the resources to undertake the necessary QA to support the military contract and for a few months, it was all hands to the pumps to staff their QA effort, so if true, it tells us a bit about SIG's ability to manage their business.

Add that (completely expected) QA requirement to dealing with a safety issue, and the whole place was (as reported to me) teetering on the edge of collapse. Didn't fill me with confidence.

On the other hand, I don't know of any other companies that have managed that kind of tsunami of demand for a new product without screwing something up.
WORD!

JHP defensive rounds are usually “shorter”, since the round nose is basically “lopped off”.

1.065” is of little concern to me.

I’d be extremely curious about 1.195”, as that’s beyond the SAAMI spec for 9mm (for round nose) and longer than most magazines can accommodate.

I’d be getting SIG to replace all that. Yikes.

Good point DJ, the real question is how do the long rounds fit in a magazine and how do they fit in a chamber. That seems very long for a bullet shaped like I remember the sig hp ammo.

Back
Top Bottom