• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bullets Flying Towards My House ! HELP !

I didn't know there is anywhere in Alpharetta that is not within city limits. How the hell could a kid dump a whole mag without getting into trouble? Did the police even get out of their cruiser? A stroll in the backyard would have yielded a ton of casing.

I definitely would go and talk to the adult that owns the property and let him know the consequences of damaging a neighbor's property or life, when the bullet came from his property.
we are outside city limits in woodstock, 2 cherokee county police came to my house then went next door to talk to him which accomplished nothing other than him locking up tight with denial

Shooting without a backstop and leaving a gun on the center console of his truck with doors open - this kid is an accident waiting to happen. An adult needs to talk to him about the safety rules of gun ownership.

Get a copy of the police report to make sure that one was filed.
While at the police station ask to speak to a supervisor & again state your case including your name, address & date of the incident.
I believe the charge in Ga. is/ would be "wreckless conduct".

If it happens again have a video recorder or at least your cellphone ready to record the sounds of the gunfire.
The air is thinner in the wintertime so the sound travels more & should be readily identifiable.
Then, provided their is a next time, you will have some audio evidence of the incident.

Go talk to the kid and tell him you aren't trying to bust his chops, but someone or something getting shot isn't going to be good for anybody. Work out an acceptable backstop situation and get him thinking in terms of down range.
How I hate to admit it but at 19 I was that kid. Luckily my neighbor came down and read me the riot act before anyone got hurt. Not that I was the negligent sort, but my lane of fire wasn't as vacant as I thought.
Smile a lot and act like his uncle.,

All you ODTer's really made me feel a lot better, even the guy that said to piss in his gas tank lol. going to go file a police report tomorrow which i didn't have done today and talk to the land owner / aunt(i think) . earlier i talked to him face to face being super chill and he denied it ( Whole redneck crew around acting defensive) but I'm hoping a new day will make him comfortable to admit and work with me as far as a safe firing lane, after all i am Bobcatman, ill bring my t190 down there and make him a UUUGE mound of dirt to fire into ! I can't wait to go to a meet a greet shoot with everybody. thanks again

Go talk to the adults or responsible people. I'd start out nice. Might be simple as that to get them shooting into a backstop or safe direction. If they're not nice about it I would remind them you might forget about your backstop and have some target practice in their direction.

Do not state that it can be taken as a threat which will turn the tables on you quickly...........

just a suggestion to consider before vocalizing that statement.....

Talk to the property owners and/or send them.a letter

Did you find any fired bullets? Would make a better point if you went down to talk to them and handed back the bullets. Sounds like unintentional stupidness. I fgure it should stop with a simple conversation so long as they are reasonable

Sounds like you've spent some time with the family shooting on their compound property. Perhaps a nice talk with the kid, with a request to shoot with him and his family, might work. (Or a talk with the ones you know, suggesting the kid might participate.) If you get that opportunity you'll be able to plant some safety suggestions and teach by example. Maybe become a mentor.

But as someone else said, if you find a slug or two buried in your siding, it won't return fingerprints but it could be traced back to his pistol. And if the shooting request fails, it'll be time to call the cops again if there's a recurrence. It's illegal to shoot across someone else's property or within 50 yards of a road.

Honestly, if bullets were flying by your head, then go slap the bull-excrement out of him. I live in the country, and there are times, like tonight, where it sounds like a war zone around here with all the people shooting. But 99.9% of the people know how to shoot safely and responsibly so you never think twice about it. If someone is being that irresponsible, then they need to be slapped - and slapped very hard.

Back
Top Bottom