• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Burgers on the grill

I always use lump charcoal rather than Kingsford etc. The mfg'd charcoal has a lot of sand in it, and that is where most of your ash comes from. The lump burns hotter and requires less product unless you are doing a beer chicken, tenderloin or turkey. Have a good BBQ

Basically you start with about a 1/2 lb of burger rolled into a ball. Then take a beer can and use it to make an opening in the middle. Wrap it in bacon to hold it together, then add pretty much any combination of ingredients to the center like onion, mushroom, peppers, corned beef, whatever
Just cook the onions or whatever center ingredients first in a pan before adding them to the center.
.....Then top it with some cheese.

First time I've heard of that. Looks great!

I always use one of these to start it with zero fluids.

I like to use a chimney at times, but on my Bubba Keg, I usually don't like to get so many coals started at once. A lot of times, I'll take 1/2 sheet of paper towel, crumple it into a ball, dampen it with cooking oil, and place it under the top 2-3 pieces of lump charcoal before lighting it. Leaves no detectable odor or taste.

Diamond makes a product called Strike a Fire - works pretty good - can get them in any grocery store in the charcoal isle.

Used the paper towel route to but with olive oil seems to burn longer.

Two 1/4 pound patties with cheddar cheese in between. Put them on the smoker with apple chips, 225 deg for about 1 hour. Top with blue cheese crumbles and sautéed portabella shrooms.

Diamond makes a product called Strike a Fire - works pretty good - can get them in any grocery store in the charcoal isle.

Used the paper towel route to but with olive oil seems to burn longer.

I like the Diamond starters, too. Quick & easy. I usually break them in half and use 1 half right in the top center of my charcoal stack when I do a long (4-16 hr) smoke. That way I have a controlled burn of the lump charcoal as it burns down and outward.

Basically you start with about a 1/2 lb of burger rolled into a ball. Then take a beer can and use it to make an opening in the middle. Wrap it in bacon to hold it together, then add pretty much any combination of ingredients to the center like onion, mushroom, peppers, corned beef, whatever
Just cook the onions or whatever center ingredients first in a pan before adding them to the center.
.....Then top it with some cheese.

Get your grill going nice and hot with some lump charcoal up to about 300*-350* on one side of the grill. Then place your burgers on the opposite side of the grill so it cooks with indirect heat. It should take about 45 min for them to be done.

I'm in Marietta... What kind of beer do you drink ??? I'm coming over! That looks REALLY good!!! I have 22lr ammo for food...

Mmmmmm mmmmm mmmmmm. Burgers for Mother's Day at my house.

Thats my plan,,,,,,,,,,,,Cooking burgers on the grill with all the trimmings. Wife loves grilled burgers but i want to try some different ways to do em. Wanted to get some ideas from y'all. Thanks to everyone.

For seasoning, I typically use a dry rub called Dillo Dust from Larue Tactical (its a blend of sugar, salt, paprika, chili pepper, celery, garlic, and comino), Adobo with pepper (found in Mexican food aisle at grocery store), Worcestershire sauce. I put all of that on both sides and then sprinkle one side with Mrs. Dash Original. I usually use Kingsford Hickory charcoal. I use pretty much the same seasonings on steak, except I don't use the Mrs. Dash and I like to add a couple of shots of a decent whisky to my steaks.

Back
Top Bottom