• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Burgers on the grill

I use wood for grilling. (Oak, walnut, cherry)
Start off with a hot wood fire, meanwhile soaking the next load of wood in water if it's dry or not recently fresh cut ....when you have plenty of hot embers, add the damp wood or recently cut wood.
The smoky flavor it gives everything you put on that grill is amazing.

For seasoning, I typically use a dry rub called Dillo Dust from Larue Tactical (its a blend of sugar, salt, paprika, chili pepper, celery, garlic, and comino), Adobo with pepper (found in Mexican food aisle at grocery store), Worcestershire sauce. I put all of that on both sides and then sprinkle one side with Mrs. Dash Original. I usually use Kingsford Hickory charcoal. I use pretty much the same seasonings on steak, except I don't use the Mrs. Dash and I like to add a couple of shots of a decent whisky to my steaks.

Damn that's a lot of **** for a burger, but I bet it is really good I'll have to try it. I hope you don't put all that on a good steak though...

Damn that's a lot of **** for a burger, but I bet it is really good I'll have to try it. I hope you don't put all that on a good steak though...

It's really just 3 seasoning blends and a little bit of Worcestershire. For steaks, I only use two of those and add a couple shots of whisky.

It's really just 3 seasoning blends and a little bit of Worcestershire. For steaks, I only use two of those and add a couple shots of whisky.

Interesting on the whiskey. How strong is the whiskey flavor after you cook the steak?

Back
Top Bottom