• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Butt suggestions

I cover in yellow mustard then use meat church holy gospel rub and honey hog 60/40. Let it sit over night then smoke direct on grate for 3-4 hours @ 225 spraying with an apple juice and bourbon mix every hour for first few hours. After there is a nice mahogany bark I put it in a foil pan, cover with foil and leave on till it falls apart with the tongs. A bit over 200 degrees.
Heck ya!

I cover in yellow mustard then use meat church holy gospel rub and honey hog 60/40. Let it sit over night then smoke direct on grate for 3-4 hours @ 225 spraying with an apple juice and bourbon mix every hour for first few hours. After there is a nice mahogany bark I put it in a foil pan, cover with foil and leave on till it falls apart with the tongs. A bit over 200 degrees.
Always use mustard as a binder!

If I’m pulling I wrap at 165ish, that’s usually where it stalls, and take it to 200-205, wrap in towels and drop it in a cooler till I’m ready to shred.
But, I love sliced pork. I don’t wrap and I pull it at 180 towel it up and put it in the cooler for a couple of hours. Get out the slicer and shave it thin….killer
Different rubs all the time.

If I’m pulling I wrap at 165ish, that’s usually where it stalls, and take it to 200-205, wrap in towels and drop it in a cooler till I’m ready to shred.
But, I love sliced pork. I don’t wrap and I pull it at 180 towel it up and put it in the cooler for a couple of hours. Get out the slicer and shave it thin….killer
Different rubs all the time.
How do butts slice? Have done rib roasts but never tried a butt. Love me some thin sliced pork.

Back
Top Bottom