• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Butter Chicken… WOW

And that bread . I think it’s flaun or something like that? CRAZY GOOD

Well, again, naan breads can be bought in stores like kroger. The challenge is that they ought to be cooked in a tandoor oven, so they're hard to make like you'd get in an indian restaurant.

There are also pappadoms which are like tacos - lentil flour and water, fried in oil.

Well, again, naan breads can be bought in stores like kroger. The challenge is that they ought to be cooked in a tandoor oven, so they're hard to make like you'd get in an indian restaurant.

There are also pappadoms which are like tacos - lentil flour and water, fried in oil.
:behindsofa: I heated ours up on a cast flat iron. They’re supposed to carry us to some Indian restaurant in Kennesaw soon. Looking forward to it.

Curry sauces are all somewhat simple. Most of them differ only in the spices and whether they have yogurt (raita) in them. Some of the sauces have to have particular components in them to be authentic. While some people think that the different sauces have specific levels of spiciness, it's not actually true.

Vindaloo sauces should really have vinegar and potato ('aloo') in the dish
Dupiazas I think should have fruit
Kormas are *usually* mild and have cashews

It's all a bit artificial. What we call indian food is what indians consider 'palace food' - it's the kind of food the very wealthy and powerful indian princes would feed to their peers. When the British took over india, this kind of food was served up to them. The amount of protein in these dishes would amaze an indian peasant.

Curry sauces are all somewhat simple. Most of them differ only in the spices and whether they have yogurt (raita) in them. Some of the sauces have to have particular components in them to be authentic. While some people think that the different sauces have specific levels of spiciness, it's not actually true.

Vindaloo sauces should really have vinegar and potato ('aloo') in the dish
Dupiazas I think should have fruit
Kormas are *usually* mild and have cashews

It's all a bit artificial. What we call indian food is what indians consider 'palace food' - it's the kind of food the very wealthy and powerful indian princes would feed to their peers. When the British took over india, this kind of food was served up to them. The amount of protein in these dishes would amaze an indian peasant.
A peasant eating the king’s food… I’m feeling better about tonight already. That’s some cool info for real.

Best flavor would be chicken thighs. The fat in the thighs improves the flavor.
For authenticity, cook the meat ON the bones.

Most people use breast meat though.

proxy-image

Edit: lamb or goat is usually a very acceptable alternative. Beef and pork less so, for obvious reasons.

Edit edit: a generally 'good' way to cook the meat is to cube it and cook it on the grill until done, and develop some 'bark' to it, and then transfer it to a pan with the sauce and just heat it like that at a low level for 10-20 minutes. I usually cook the meat, bring it in and add sauces, and then start the rice (in a rice maker).

That gives the meat about 20 minutes to blend with the sauce.

The new Food City in Cartersville has killer deals on meats this week. 1.99 ground chuck, 4.99 top sirloin, 3.98 chuck roast, etc…. Through Saturday I think. Butter Sirloin??? Maybe.

Ate at a INDIAN BUFFET one yr after a trip to TENNESSEE AQUARIUM it was right across the street.. I liked but the rest of family did NOT LIKE IT.. my son got something off the dessert dish.. it was round and in a syrup.. lmto soon as he put it in his mouth it dissolved instantly and ran down his throat.. he bout puked.. lord that was funny.. I tried and liked it.. kinda like a donut ball in syrup.. almost the size of a golf ball

Back
Top Bottom