• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Butter Chicken… WOW

Ate at a INDIAN BUFFET one yr after a trip to TENNESSEE AQUARIUM it was right across the street.. I liked but the rest of family did NOT LIKE IT.. my son got something off the dessert dish.. it was round and in a syrup.. lmto soon as he put it in his mouth it dissolved instantly and ran down his throat.. he bout puked.. lord that was funny.. I tried and liked it.. kinda like a donut ball in syrup.. almost the size of a golf ball

That was a dessert called gulab jamun. Heart attack in a bowl. A donut in rose-flavored sugary syrup

Best flavor would be chicken thighs. The fat in the thighs improves the flavor.
For authenticity, cook the meat ON the bones.

Most people use breast meat though.

proxy-image

Edit: lamb or goat is usually a very acceptable alternative. Beef and pork less so, for obvious reasons.

Edit edit: a generally 'good' way to cook the meat is to cube it and cook it on the grill until done, and develop some 'bark' to it, and then transfer it to a pan with the sauce and just heat it like that at a low level for 10-20 minutes. I usually cook the meat, bring it in and add sauces, and then start the rice (in a rice maker).

That gives the meat about 20 minutes to blend with the sauce.
Cool, thanks. Got a bunch of boneless chicken thighs in the freezer I'm gonna try with this.

Probably going to grill them whole because I will lose half of them through the grates if cubed.

OK, too excited to wait, too lazy to type it all up.

If a plate of rice with the 'main curry dish' is too boring for you, one really good side accompanyment are 'bombay aloo' - bombay potatoes.

The recipe below makes great "curry house" style bombay aloo the way they're done in the home of curries, London, England.

You can substituite in cauliflower instead of some or all of the potatoes - the idea is the same. Some people even cook these as a meal in itself, but this is AMERICA, and this recipe is meatless.

Note - the recipe says "Maris Piper" potatoes work best - over here, Russets are the nearest thing.

If a plate of rice with the 'main curry dish' is too boring for you, one really good side accompanyment are 'bombay aloo' - bombay potatoes.

The recipe below makes great "curry house" style bombay aloo the way they're done in the home of curries, London, England.

You can substituite in cauliflower instead of some or all of the potatoes - the idea is the same. Some people even cook these as a meal in itself, but this is AMERICA, and this recipe is meatless.

Note - the recipe says "Maris Piper" potatoes work best - over here, Russets are the nearest thing.
AtsWutImTalkinBout!!! You had me at Taters.

Cool, thanks. Got a bunch of boneless chicken thighs in the freezer I'm gonna try with this.

Probably going to grill them whole because I will lose half of them through the grates if cubed.
I’m thinking about those big bags of chicken thighs &legs you used to could get for $5 . I know it’s more $$ now but yea, grill those badBois up and brush with curry when they’re almost done. Gotta be good.

My oldest girl made the potato dish and butter chicken today. Incredible!! Thanks Man. (The sauce from Food City is the best yet in our opinion).

I don't even get rice to eat with my butter chicken when I've found a good Indian place.
Double serving of garlic naan, sop up all the curry with the naan an eat it, then spoon the chicken onto the remaining naan, wrap it up an eat it. Been in Commiefornia a lot lately for work, only good thing about it, the Sikh's an their cooking near where I stay.

Back
Top Bottom