• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buyer beware - Edmondson Elite / Charlie Edmondson

This is why I do not ask for not accept deposits on orders. I am aware of how unreliable I am as a schedule quoter at this point in my life and I just don't feel right taking money and creating a fair expectation of delivery timeframes.

With that being said. If you took a knife in trade, sold it, then told someone you'd have them something in about a month for a return trade... But sold all those potential return trades on IG instead... Don't you think that's a liiiitle suspect?

We also never ask for a deposit and we ship knives all over the country and have for years even in the rain.....if a maker ask for a deposit it's cause for concern in my opinion and if he's taking deposits and not producing the end product he won't be around very long

Unfortunately. None of my transaction took place via PP.

Update on @3sport - he received his 70$ deposit after another round of text today... He was told "I didn't realize you thought that meant I'd refund it today" today being two weeks ago.

Me, I'm still out a 200$ knife and haven't had anything sent to me. I'm over it. Not going to contact him anymore, Ive said my peace here. That's about all I can do. He can live with himself, I doubt he'll lose any sleep over it though.

This is the kind of stuff we've been dealing with. This is him and @3sport's exchange in regards to his deposit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 213
With that being said. If you took a knife in trade, sold it, then told someone you'd have them something in about a month for a return trade... But sold all those potential return trades on IG instead... Don't you think that's a liiiitle suspect?
I think you may have misinterpreted the point I was making... Yes I definitely think it's suspect. I'm just saying I don't allow myself (personal decision) to be put into this sort of position because I know how unfortunately unreliable I am with deadlines due to my schedule. If he accepted money (or trade) and promised a deadline, he should meet that deadline. To avoid this sort of situation, I've always taken a different approach, and I want whoever is accepting a knife I make them to be happy with it at the time of purchase.

I'm a huge fan of the knives being mad by 36fatfrinds I haven't personally had one in my hand yet but certainly plan to do that. However I have a great appreciation for everything he's posted. I've been forging blades since 1988 and consider myself a pretty good judge of a quality piece of craftsmanship......keep up the good work man

Back
Top Bottom