• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying a gun on ODT

I'm pretty simple. You have to be of age, sign a private sell/trade agreement, and you have to have photo ID which matches your name/signature
That's about all

If you have a weapons permit, I just write down your license number and have you sign, good to go. I expect everyone else to do the same to me.

Edit - I would also like to note that if I show up to meet you and you act like a complete jackass, I will take my **** and leave. I choose not to deal with people who are unable to control themselves.

FALSE! The law only requires that you sell only to a GA resident who is of age(18+ for handguns) and that you not have a reason to suspect they are illegal to buy.

Purchasing of Firearms
Georgia has only 2 laws that regulate the purchasing of firearms. All other purchasing laws come from Federal law. The BATFE has a reference page that explains those laws (at that site, when the BATFE says "licensed" they mean firearm dealers and "unlicensed" means private individuals).

Straw Purchase / Anti-Bloomberg Law - Any person who attempts to solicit, persuade, encourage, or entice any dealer to transfer or otherwise convey a firearm other than to the actual buyer, as well as any other person who willfully and intentionally aids or abets such person, shall be guilty of a felony. (16-11-113)

Furnishing a Pistol to a Minor - It is illegal to sell or give a pistol or revolver to a person under 18 years old. Possession of handguns by minors is only allowed as explained in the Possession section above. (16-11-101.1)

http://gapacking.org/

Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?
A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html

I suggest you READ the laws for yourself.

I'm pretty simple. You have to be of age, sign a private sell/trade agreement, and you have to have photo ID which matches your name/signature

That's about all

If you have a weapons permit, I just write down your license number and have you sign, good to go. I expect everyone else to do the same to me.

Edit - I would also like to note that if I show up to meet you and you act like a complete jackass, I will take my **** and leave. I choose not to deal with people who are unable to control themselves.
LOL Check the laws bud. You dont HAVE to do a damn thing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom