• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying a gun on ODT

You can be 18 and buy a handgun from a private seller, to buy from an FFL you MUST be 21. To get a CCW you must be 21. IF you are 18 you can now legally have your pistol in your home/property/vehicle ONLY (unless given permission by land owner that you may have it have (such as going to buddies land to shoot)). You cannot conceal carry without a CCW. Im not 100% sure on open carrying a pistol and being under 21 so im not going to give a statement on that. You can go to gapacking.com (or .org i dont remember) and they have a easy to understand breakdown of the gun laws in ga. But it is best to read them strait from the book.
Disclaimer: All statements above are from my understanding and should be takin with a grain of salt and hold no accountability! Dont believe anything you read on forums look it up for yourself! :cool:

you can be 18 and buy a handgun from a private seller, to buy from an ffl you must be 21. To get a ccw you must be 21. If you are 18 you can now legally have your pistol in your home/property/vehicle only (unless given permission by land owner that you may have it have (such as going to buddies land to shoot)). You cannot conceal carry without a ccw. Im not 100% sure on open carrying a pistol and being under 21 so im not going to give a statement on that. You can go to gapacking.com (or .org i dont remember) and they have a easy to understand breakdown of the gun laws in ga. But it is best to read them strait from the book.
disclaimer: All statements above are from my understanding and should be takin with a grain of salt and hold no accountability! Dont believe anything you read on forums look it up for yourself! :cool:
you cant carry a handgun concealed or open no matter what age in ga w/o a gfl

Last edited:
but I can shoulder carry my cetme fully loaded.....
fixed the post, but yeah dumbass law, a i can walk through town with an ak and an 75 rd drum ready to rock and roll w no license but to carry a .22 revolver concealed in my pocked i have to spend 85 dollars and wait a week and a GFL

Back
Top Bottom