• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying guns and ammo at Wal Mart- forget about it.

CPA9mm

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
83   0
Reaction score
I stopped by Wal Mart this morning on the way to work to pick up a few boxes of 9mm range ammo. Of course there were no employees near the ammunition counter. I tracked down a couple of employees and I was eventually told that "the manager said no one knows where the keys are, come back later."

It is ironic that I found this article online this morning about the difficulty of buying a gun at Wal Mart. By the way, who in the h*** wants to buy a gun at Wal Mart?

https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-gun-buying-review-virginia-store-2019-8

I do not think this is all by accident. Wal Mart is a well run company and sales growth is important. This appears to be an end around strategy to gradually get out of all firearms related sales.

I stopped by Wal Mart this morning on the way to work to pick up a few boxes of 9mm range ammo. Of course there were no employees near the ammunition counter. I tracked down a couple of employees and I was eventually told that "the manager said no one knows where the keys are, come back later."

It is ironic that i fond this article online this morning about the difficulty of buying a gun at Wal Mart. By the way, who in the h*** wants to buy a gun at Wal Mart?

https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-gun-buying-review-virginia-store-2019-8

I do not think this is all by accident. Wal Mart is a well run company and sales growth is important. This appears to be an end around strategy to gradually get out of all firearms related sales.

I think they are slowly getting out of it altogether. Fire sales on guns and no new stock once they sell those. Ammo has been thin as well.

I havent been to the gun section of Walmart since the shooting took place but last time I was there which wasnt too long ago the ammo was stocked well. That said I dont find Walmart to be very efficient and more than once I've had to track down someone to buy ammo. While I dont doubt they would get out of the market I dont think your experience is necessarily an indication of it.

I haven’t been back for awhile. About a year ago I got there at 8:45 pm to buy ammo. I waited patiently because two guys were buying a gun. It took the clerk until After 9pm to finish all the paperwork. When it was my turn I asked the clerk for some ammo and he said sorry... we can’t sell ammo after 9pm.

I keep telling folks I boycotted Walmart years ago, but you drive by a Walmart and it's always crowded. I got tired of never being able to find help and it seems it's gotten worse.

Back
Top Bottom