• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CAI M92 PAP pistol vs Draco...Pro's and cons of each

I went with the hellpup, over the PAP, due to the chrome lined barrel, standard hand guards, and ak style threads. I've been very happy with mine so far. The hellpup is a little longer, but helps with the fireball when you shoulder a brace.

I prefer the Draco. I like the fact that the barrel on the Draco is chrome lined and several inches longer than the M92. My Draco also has the underfolder trunnion and I also like the traditional AK sights on the Draco. The only thing I can think of that's better on the M92 is the finish. Over at the AKforum their is a Draco V. M92 pap thread that's been going for a very long time. The majority of posters that have both prefer the Draco. The most popular Draco negative that M92 owners came up with is the Draco price. Like everything in the gun world once a model is no longer produced the price goes up.

I bought a M85 pap because of the thicker 1.5mm receiver, RPK trunnion, chrome lined barrel, AR magazine adapter availability and I already have a AK pistol in 7.62x39. They have already gone up in value do to them no longer being imported. M92's and M85's use to be the same price, now the M85 is about $100 higher if you can find them.

All 3 are over the top and unique in their own way. The full-size Draco will be the easiest to SBR using an underfolding stock because the Romanians assembled it with surplus military underfolder parts, no messing with rivets. OR don't SBR and tac-weld a fake can on the barrel:

[Broken External Image]:

You got a Draco-C bro. Not all Draco's are the C model.....don't wanna confuse em.

Back
Top Bottom