• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CAI M92 PAP pistol vs Draco...Pro's and cons of each

Ah thanks...I did google it and found this info...copied from another forum. Originally Posted By BulletBait:
I have one of each, a early draco with the recall G2 FCG and a later "C".

The early model is a 2009 build, SN is DR-5xxx-09 RO, has the all machined gas block, is made from all new parts, has the usual semi auto only bolt carrier with the full auto area completely cut away and the semi auto safety found on imported rifles.
All the serial numbers match, and most of the small parts do not have SN's, just like late import WASRs.
The rear trunnion does not have the UF holes cut.
The rear sight is the correct AIMR 0-500 graduated meter sight blade for the short barrel.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

The C is plainly made from a 1968 Underfolder rifle and has a UF trunnion with the holes cut.
The SN is 1968 BF 1XXX and has the "arrow in the triangle" arsenal mark of military rifles.
The parts show the same machining style and good quality of the early Romanian rifles. ( FYI: build quality got worse as Ceausescu dove the country into bankruptcy)
The fact that all the used parts have serial numbers that on military guns also have SN's screams this is a factory parts kit build.

All the serial numbers do not match, the safety, recoil spring and the wood hand guard are from different rifles, furthermore, the BC was clearly FA a part.
The FA trip bump visibly ground off and the BC reblued.
The rear sight is the usual 0-1000 graduated meter sight blade for 16" barrel rifles.

The receiver, barrel, cleaning rod, gas tube and gas block are the only parts that appear new.
The gas block is the new investment cast version.
At a distance it looks the same as the earlier machined version, just the new investment cast one has clear bumps where the pin holes are drilled and is smoother without all the messy rough marks and hand finished look of the earlier GB.

Hope this helps

Well I couldn't decide so I picked up one of each!

Attachments

• IMAG2191.jpg
    IMAG2191.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 98
Pap is Yugo/Serb. Draco is Romanian. M92 Pap does not have a chrome lined barrel. Draco does. Pap has a nicer fit and finish, and it will give you the Krink look if that is what you are going for. You have more furniture options with the normal Draco (not Micro or Mini).

Personally I like the Draco, but you will not go wrong with either.

my thoughts exactly

With the influx of Serbian and Romanian guns lately I'm going to Necro this old post. Especially since everyone makes aftermarket furniture and accessories for the paps, which do people prefer?

Back
Top Bottom