• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all Glockophiles

And like mdog and others have pointed out in various threads about Glocks, if you're gonna get just one, I say go for the 23. There's so much you can do with that bad boy in regards to conversion. Want a 9mm? Cool, buy a barrel and a couple of mags. Want a .357? Cool, just buy a barrel and drop it in. You can basically have 3 guns at less than 1/2 the price you'd pay for 3 separate Glocks in all 3 calibers.

You buy a G19 and guess what? You're stuck with a 9mm.

That's a very good idea, didn't know it was available.

"Of course any caliber to the head is fatal."
Not picking at you "Leatherhead" but this is not the case at all either.
I have seen several pictures of police shootings where the bullet hit the skull of the subject & skidded around to the rear where it exited.

Im clear, ive seen many 'graze wounds' to the head and all over the body. I shouldnt have said it like I did. Its tough to make an informed statement here when everyone belives they know more than the guy next to them...thats why I usuallly dont chime in like I did last night.
Ill just keep my opinions and experiences to myself.

Ok I'm slowly moving toward the "buy the ugly gun" thing because all yall just can't stop saying good things about them.

Would like some info on which 9mm Glock compact to buy for CC-and where to buy.
I might try trading for it, but might just buy new.

Drumroll- Your Opinions please!

I did the same thing a few years ago. I 2 broke down. I traded for a 26 and bought a 17. I love them both. I OC amd they fit nicely in a SERPA 2 HOLSTER. If you CC go with a 19 or 26.

Hey....I don't know if this has been covered in this thread yet and certainly not trying to get off topic, but I was just wondering.......What has more stopping power, the 9mm+p or a .45?

Bwaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!:lol:

There is no handgun caliber commonly carried for self-defense that is guaranteed to stop an attacker.
If it did, everyone would carry it.
There is a reason why the G-19 is the predominant firearm carried by professionals & civilians who carry concealed.

I'll say it again......the G17/G19 are the new expert's guns.

That title used to belong to the 1911.

Not sure what one can add that hasn't already been said but...... I will anyway :)

In my experience with Glocks, the sub-compact models (26/27/33) are no more concealable than the slightly larger compact framed guns (19/23/32). I have been tempted several times by the sub-compact models only to find that I really like benefits of the compact. Carrying IWB they are the same thickness so there is not benefit there. The shorter muzzle of the SC's tend to cause my guns to ride up when moving around a lot. The grip may print a little more but if you position the gun at 3:30 it isn't an issue. That all being said, I find the G36 to be the best of both worlds. Smaller profile, thinner and a shorter grip. It conceals better than any other Glock out there. I wish I had discovered the G36 earlier, it would have saved me some trial and error.

I find the subcompacts to not fit my smaller hands as well as a compact...Gen4 over Gen3 for me...Gen4 G19 in a comptac minotaur and a good carry belt(do not forget a good belt)...The 23 would allow for the multi-gun option as mentioned before if 9mm only is not your choice...

And like mdog and others have pointed out in various threads about Glocks, if you're gonna get just one, I say go for the 23. There's so much you can do with that bad boy in regards to conversion. Want a 9mm? Cool, buy a barrel and a couple of mags. Want a .357? Cool, just buy a barrel and drop it in. You can basically have 3 guns at less than 1/2 the price you'd pay for 3 separate Glocks in all 3 calibers.

You buy a G19 and guess what? You're stuck with a 9mm.

Actually, you are not. However it is not as simple as a barrel swap, you need to swap both the barrel and the slide as the breech face of a 9mm slide will not allow a 40 S&W to go into battery. Also, it is not recommended unless you have one of the new 3 pin guns.
I have run a 32 top end on my G19 in the past, with both 32 and 23 barrels.

3 pin Glock

[Broken External Image]:

There are some issues with conversion barrels. The most common issue comes with ejection and extraction. The 23 uses a different extractor, ejector and LCI bearing (white) than the 19. The biggest issue is the trigger housing/ejector. The 9mm ejector is bent inwards while the .40/357 ejector is straight. The bend in the 9mm ejector is made for the slightly smaller diameter of the 9mm casing. While you may get away without an extractor and ejector change I wouldn't risk it for serious defensive purposes. If you are going to have a conversion set up it might be a good idea to get a 9mm extractor, trigger housing and LCI bearing. There is plenty of stuff on the web about people having problems with their conversion barreled Glock's a few inexpensive parts fixed the issues in most cases.

Back
Top Bottom