• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all Glockophiles

I've had a Lonewolf conversion barrel in one of my 27's for a year now and NEVER had any issues. I use an OEM G19 barrel in my G23 with zero issues and a G20 barrel in my G21 with only ONE issue. The 10 MM followers aren't wide enough to push the slide stop up.

Like I said you may get away with it. Some people don't have any issues. Sometimes issues "develop" down the road but if I were going to carry with a conversion barrel just to be sure I would swap those parts out.

There are some issues with conversion barrels. The most common issue comes with ejection and extraction. The 23 uses a different extractor, ejector and LCI bearing (white) than the 19. The biggest issue is the trigger housing/ejector. The 9mm ejector is bent inwards while the .40/357 ejector is straight. The bend in the 9mm ejector is made for the slightly smaller diameter of the 9mm casing. While you may get away without an extractor and ejector change I wouldn't risk it for serious defensive purposes. If you are going to have a conversion set up it might be a good idea to get a 9mm extractor, trigger housing and LCI bearing. There is plenty of stuff on the web about people having problems with their conversion barreled Glock's a few inexpensive parts fixed the issues in most cases.
I have run thousands of rounds through the lone wolf conversion 40 to 9 barrels with no issues at all. The ejection is fine just not as positive asthe forty. - would not hesitate to use them for self defense or shtf.

I've had a Lonewolf conversion barrel in one of my 27's for a year now and NEVER had any issues. I use an OEM G19 barrel in my G23 with zero issues and a G20 barrel in my G21 with only ONE issue. The 10 MM followers aren't wide enough to push the slide stop up.

Good to know.Do you think the 9mm lonewolf will work as well as the glock barrel on the 23?

Im clear, ive seen many 'graze wounds' to the head and all over the body. I shouldnt have said it like I did. Its tough to make an informed statement here when everyone belives they know more than the guy next to them...thats why I usuallly dont chime in like I did last night.
Ill just keep my opinions and experiences to myself.
Sorry if I came across a bit harsh. It just aggrovating seeing the same old disinformation continually again and again. If no one challenges it then it is self perpetuating
It is a dis-service to newbies out there reading this kind of stuff for the first time. I've been working on and instructing in firearms for 23 years and the internet has been both great and horrible at the same time when it comes to information.

Actually, you are not. However it is not as simple as a barrel swap, you need to swap both the barrel and the slide as the breech face of a 9mm slide will not allow a 40 S&W to go into battery. Also, it is not recommended unless you have one of the new 3 pin guns.
I have run a 32 top end on my G19 in the past, with both 32 and 23 barrels.

3 pin Glock

[Broken External Image]:

How much would a new slide cost, along with a barrel and magazines?

Last edited:
There are some issues with conversion barrels. The most common issue comes with ejection and extraction. The 23 uses a different extractor, ejector and LCI bearing (white) than the 19. The biggest issue is the trigger housing/ejector. The 9mm ejector is bent inwards while the .40/357 ejector is straight. The bend in the 9mm ejector is made for the slightly smaller diameter of the 9mm casing. While you may get away without an extractor and ejector change I wouldn't risk it for serious defensive purposes. If you are going to have a conversion set up it might be a good idea to get a 9mm extractor, trigger housing and LCI bearing. There is plenty of stuff on the web about people having problems with their conversion barreled Glock's a few inexpensive parts fixed the issues in most cases.

Lonewolf barrels solve the whole extractor issue. If you actually look at a Lonewolf 9mm barrel, it is thicker on the right wall than the left wall to help compensate for this. It pushes the 9mm casing more to the left so the extractor in the G23 can do it's job.

And I'm about to cause the Glock fanboys to have a conniption...

Check out the M&P series from Smith&Wesson. I absolutely love my 40c, to me the trigger feels better than Glock and the M&P is sexier. ;)

And I'm about to cause the Glock fanboys to have a conniption...

Check out the M&P series from Smith&Wesson. I absolutely love my 40c, to me the trigger feels better than Glock and the M&P is sexier. ;)

Yeah but the trigger SUCKS! (unless you install the APEX) :)

Anyway, to the OP -sorry I'm late to the party.
My EDC is a Gen 3 G19. I currently own;
Gen 3 G19
Gen 3 G17
Gen 3 G17OD
Gen 3 G34
Gen 3 G17L
Gen 3 G38

I have also owned but do not currently
Gen 3 G19c
Gen 3 G23
Gen 3 G27
Gen 4 G19

I believe that GLOCK has worked out most of the Gen 4 issues now but the key is to make sure you get one from your local favorite gun store with a late production date. Some larger stores might have GLOCKS sitting on shelves for months so the one you get might have all the old parts. Of course GLOCK will take care of you on it but I'd rather get it right from the get go.

Back
Top Bottom