• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all Glockophiles

Well, actually, aftermarket triggers are good sellers because tons of people would rather throw hardware at a software problem. The GLOCK trigger, brand new out of the box may be a little gritty but it works better and better every time you pull the trigger.

Of course this is just an opinion and I'm sure there are people that will say the S&W SIGMA has a Great trigger as well!

This is true! Also on a GLOCK the trigger bar and connector point is a crucial point for oil. A buddy of mine was complaining about his trigger feeling off. Finally one day i took it apart and there was so much crud between it and almost no hint of oil, cleaned it up and fresh drop of oil she was good as ever :D

This is true! Also on a GLOCK the trigger bar and connector point is a crucial point for oil. A buddy of mine was complaining about his trigger feeling off. Finally one day i took it apart and there was so much crud between it and almost no hint of oil, cleaned it up and fresh drop of oil she was good as ever :D

One of the biggest points that Glock fanboys make is that you rarely ever have to clean them in order for them to run properly.

Well you really dont. But i do, but after 3000+ rounds with cheaaaap ammo it was due a trigger cleaning.

I'm probably overly anal about cleaning them because I do it after every trip to the range.

I have a friend of mine who I don't think has ever cleaned his 19. Ya know those rental guns at ranges and how gunked up they are most of the time? Yeah, that's how his looks.
Still works pretty good though, just gets your hands all filthy.

Biggest downfall to the M&P series in my opinion is lack or cost of spare parts.

I have had the following Glocks:
23c

I currently have the
22 with glockwerx 2.5 connector and spring kit
35 with glockwerx 2.5 connector and spring kit

Both with lonewolf drop in barrels that convert from .40 to 9mm.

www.fototime.com_B006F34A3F15FEF_standard.jpg

www.fototime.com_340EDEE363933FE_standard.jpg

www.fototime.com_EAF54BA2EC7DCF8_standard.jpg

Biggest downfall to the M&P series in my opinion is lack or cost of spare parts.

I have had the following Glocks:
23c

I currently have the

Both with lonewolf drop in barrels that convert from .40 to 9mm.

www.fototime.com_B006F34A3F15FEF_standard.jpg

www.fototime.com_340EDEE363933FE_standard.jpg

www.fototime.com_EAF54BA2EC7DCF8_standard.jpg

Nice looking collection.

As a new M&P owner, I'm curious as to which spare parts there are a lack of? This is coming from the standpoint of if they're hard to find, I want to stock up now so it doesn't become an issue later. Or did you mean aftermarket parts?

I'm probably overly anal about cleaning them because I do it after every trip to the range.

I have a friend of mine who I don't think has ever cleaned his 19. Ya know those rental guns at ranges and how gunked up they are most of the time? Yeah, that's how his looks.
Still works pretty good though, just gets your hands all filthy.

Oh yea man i am too, that way when i trade or sell something i know the other person is getting a good functional weapon! Hahaha yea i doubt they ever clean those rentals up much, that would be a fun job for me :D

Nice looking collection.

As a new M&P owner, I'm curious as to which spare parts there are a lack of? This is coming from the standpoint of if they're hard to find, I want to stock up now so it doesn't become an issue later. Or did you mean aftermarket parts?

I mean purely in the availability and cost of the parts. Glock factory parts are so cheap - it's amazing. I have a complete spare part for both of my guns, every part. I'll have to take a picture of just my spare parts stash. For 100 bucks you can take the glock armorers course and get spare parts straight from the factory. It's nice having spare triggers, firing pins, extractors etc just laying around.

Just some from my parts bin, got some more in my pack.
www.fototime.com_1DC81D9763C0254_standard.jpg

Glock 23 that I previously had:

www.fototime.com_64BCE5D60F06701_standard.jpg

Traded it to a guy here on the ODT for a ruger carbine. Will have to get another one of these.

Last edited:
Ya wanna know what I love about Glocks?

In 1980, the Austrian military announced that it would seek tenders for a new, modern duty pistol to replace their World War II–era Walther P38 handguns.[7] The Austrian Ministry of Defence formulated a list of 17 criteria for the new generation service pistol:[8]
1.The design has to be self-loading.
2.The pistol must fire the NATO-standard 9×19mm Parabellum round.
3.The magazines would not require any means of assistance for loading.
4.The magazines must have a minimum capacity of 8 rounds.
5.All actions necessary to prepare the pistol for firing and any actions required after firing must be done single-handed, either right- or left-handed.
6.The pistol must be absolutely secure against accidental discharge from shock, stroke and drops from a height of 2 meters onto a steel plate.
7.Disassembly of the main parts for maintenance and reassembling must be possible without the use of any tools.
8.Maintenance and cleaning of the pistol must be accomplished without the use of tools.
9.The pistol's construction may not exceed 58 individual parts (equivalent of a P38).
10.Gauges, measuring and precise testing devices must not be necessary for the long-term maintenance of the pistol.
11.The manufacturer is required to provide the Ministry of Defence with a complete set of engineering drawings and exploded views. These must be supplied with all the relevant details for the production of the pistol.
12.All components must be fully interchangeable between pistols.
13.No more than 20 malfunctions are permitted during the first 10,000 rounds fired, not even minor jams that can be cleared without the use of any tools.
14.After firing 15,000 rounds of standard ammunition, the pistol will be inspected for wear. The pistol will then be used to fire an overpressure test cartridge generating 5,000 bar (500 MPa; 73,000 psi) (the normal maximum operating pressure Pmax for the 9 mm NATO is rated at 2,520 bar (252 MPa; 36,500 psi).[9] The critical components must continue to function properly and be up to specifications, otherwise the pistol will be disqualified.
15.When handled properly, under no circumstances may the user be endangered by case ejection.
16.The muzzle energy must be at least 441.5 J when firing a 9mm S-round/P-08 Hirtenberger AG.
17.Pistols scoring less than 70% of the total available points will not be considered for military use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock_33

And let's see your M&P trot through THIS little obstacle course.:

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90

:p

nanny nanny booboo!

LOL!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom