• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all Glockophiles

I mean purely in the availability and cost of the parts. Glock factory parts are so cheap - it's amazing. I have a complete spare part for both of my guns, every part. I'll have to take a picture of just my spare parts stash. For 100 bucks you can take the glock armorers course and get spare parts straight from the factory. It's nice having spare triggers, firing pins, extractors etc just laying around.

Just some from my parts bin, got some more in my pack.
www.fototime.com_1DC81D9763C0254_standard.jpg

Glock 23 that I previously had:

www.fototime.com_64BCE5D60F06701_standard.jpg

Traded it to a guy here on the ODT for a ruger carbine. Will have to get another one of these.

Ah, okay. Gotcha. I was thinking that there might be certain parts for the M&P which were next to impossible to find and I was curious which ones those were. I haven't had to look into any parts, but I do like the idea of having as many spares laying around as possible.

I do like that there are a lot of aftermarket manufacturers for Glock, which makes availability easy to come by. I'm sure as the years go by, the M&P will get that way as well. Right now it's basically Apex or direct from S&W (there may be others out there, but I'm still new to the M&P platform and don't know of them yet).

Ya wanna know what I love about Glocks?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock_33

And let's see your M&P trot through THIS little obstacle course.:

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90

:p

nanny nanny booboo!

LOL!

I've seen that test before and it's quite impressive. However, I will say that it's okay to put a Glock through that because the damage done only improves the looks of the Glock. ;)

I'd never want to take something as beautiful as an M&P and mar it all up with that stuff.

Ya wanna know what I love about Glocks?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock_33

And let's see your M&P trot through THIS little obstacle course.:

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90

:p

nanny nanny booboo!

LOL!

That one is good, this one is better: 3 weeks under 13 feet of water, raw sewerage, benzine and all sorts of saltwater and household chemicals. It was the ONLY gun that functioned out of all the ones that were damaged, including an HK 45 and sig. THis was not intentional, my buddys house in Arabi, La, after katrina. Coincidentally, all the ammo and contents of the ammo cans was perfectly fine....

www.fototime.com_640193DB59C65F7_standard.jpg

www.fototime.com_CDF456263FED6A5_standard.jpg

www.fototime.com_918DC0E725DE71E_standard.jpg

www.fototime.com_ED45EB41FCACDC6_standard.jpg

www.fototime.com_AF231FF00CAB5B9_standard.jpg

Biggest downfall to the M&P series in my opinion is lack or cost of spare parts.

I have had the following Glocks:
23c

I currently have the
22 with glockwerx 2.5 connector and spring kit
35 with glockwerx 2.5 connector and spring kit

Both with lonewolf drop in barrels that convert from .40 to 9mm.

www.fototime.com_B006F34A3F15FEF_standard.jpg

www.fototime.com_340EDEE363933FE_standard.jpg

www.fototime.com_EAF54BA2EC7DCF8_standard.jpg

I had one of those NCStar lights about a year ago. Ordered it off of Amazon. First time I shot my 19 with the light attached, it broke. I sent it back to Amazon and got my money back. Since then, I have stuck to TLR-1s and M3Xs.

What has your experience been with it? My other gripe was it turned itself on if I set the gun down on the wrong side.

I've seen that test before and it's quite impressive. However, I will say that it's okay to put a Glock through that because the damage done only improves the looks of the Glock. ;)

I'd never want to take something as beautiful as an M&P and mar it all up with that stuff.

LOL! Chicks dig scars bro!

If I wanted purty I could get me a pink gun. I'll take a lethal ninja over a purty gun any day. What's that old saying, show your friends your pretty guns, show your enemies you GLOCK!...maybe I mis-quoted. ;)

I need more Glocks. I've only got 5 atm...*shudder*

I had one of those NCStar lights about a year ago. Ordered it off of Amazon. First time I shot my 19 with the light attached, it broke. I sent it back to Amazon and got my money back. Since then, I have stuck to TLR-1s and M3Xs.

What has your experience been with it? My other gripe was it turned itself on if I set the gun down on the wrong side.

I have had no issues with it on the 35. I intend on getting a TLR1 soon, however with 5 mouths to feed and trying to maintain our debt free lifestyle post bad divorce it keeps getting shoved back on the list behind such things as diapers and formula...lol.

Back
Top Bottom