• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Camping recipes?

onions, yellow bell pepper sliced, Big fat burger patty, two slices of cheese, more onions and yellow bell pepper. Wrap it all up in aluminum foil and toss in coals 5 min flip for five more Enjoy

Barbecue tuna salad.
Open a can of tuna.
Mix in a couple of tablespoons of barbecue sauce and some diced jalapenos.
Make a sandwich and chow down.
Yeah I was super skeptical when my brother came up with this recipe in deer camp a couple of years ago, but it is fantastic.

Ah, Bert Adams 1967. Scouts could actually shoot .22 rifles. Camp Gorman had dormitories and prepared meals in the dining hall. Camp Emerson featured primitive camping and a week's provisions carried in an ark- like chest by the Troop to the campsite.
Freshmen, hearing tales of being "tarred and feathered" by seniors, preemptively secured the Alaga syrup and flour. Some of the Crisco went to sabotage the rope climb on the obstacle course. The rest was used by the delighted scoutmaster, Buzz R., to deep fry an eight pound bass caught by scouts Charlie W. and Avery L.
So, take some bait, breader and oil and eat fish camp style
Take crackers and sardines for back-up
Oh yea, the recipe:
cut polish sausage into 4" pieces and split lengthwise
brown in a large skillet
add sauerkraut and sliced apple
serve with pumpernickel bread and baked beans
good and easy

Reactions: BHJ
Thanks everyone. I like all of the suggestions.
Someone gave me an idea of slicing some steak and cooking that on a stick, then wrap in a crescent roll and wave that around the fire for a few minutes and then eat it off the stick. might try that and some bacon wrapped something. Also got some just add water pancake mix to make some stuff as well.

My son was tasked with being grub master, my wife bought most of the food, and I am driving him to camp. I guess he is good at delegating authority.
All joking aside, I love camping and any time I can go, I like to try different camping foods.

oh ma god...if these are as good as I think they will be...I may die this weekend pigging out on them

They're worse than you think.
Grab some waffle cones Hershey bars. marshmallows, bananas, strawberries, walnuts, peanuts. etc..
Those big barbecues on poles at campgrounds work perfectly to hold them upright between the bars A couple minutes on left over charcoal from whatever you cooked is all they need...

Reactions: VME
Back
Top Bottom