• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can a Jeep be too high

Body lifts suck just the cheap way to gain tire clearance,but it should have nothing to do with the ride.Probably a tire/shock issue.

I know in the atv/mc world oem parts are more than aftermarket. Often times guys looking for after market stuff are capable of swapping the stuff out. Just something it consider. Just have to decide if it's worth it to you. P

Well, It's a Jeep. Best answer. I went for a ride in a 2007 stock Wrangler. Stock tires, no lift and at was a very similar. My tires are Nitto Grapplers LT305/70R17E2. I think it's my cushy ass that's the problem, not the Jeep :p It is no where near the ride of my 2012 RAM 1500. The height is a small issue. I have a lower back problem, & screwed up knees. Makes it a bit of a chore getting my right knee (doesnt bend) up and over the door sill and finally hop in. The RAM has a grab handle that I use to lift myself up. I guess I need to put one on the Jeep as well. The other observation is that even though the inline 6 cylinder engine is pretty bullet proof... It cant get out of it's own way. I drove a 2014 and it isn't any stronger then my 2005. I chalk that up to again being spoiled by the HEMI.

Yeah they ride like a Jeep. You are probably right. Every time my dad gets in my Jeep he complains. Tells me I should buy a crew cab truck "for the kids". I remind him the kids love the jeep and I have less than a tenth what a new truck would cost invested. If you want a jeep I say go for. The top down will remind you of a lot of the same freedom as motorcycles. Get caught in the rain it will again remind you

You got it Rusty. The power and torque I miss. The last Jeep I owned was a CJ5 with a 304 V8 in it. Loved that Jeep.

Scan0007.jpg

While you may not remember. I promise the new jeep rides better than your CJ. I remember riding in a friends little brothers newer Jeep when I had my CJ. I thought man this thing is like a cadillac.

That jeep is in no way high, you prob have some other items that need attention. My jeep had 6 inches and 35s and i could roll down the interstste at 90 mph if I wanted, NOW its going up even higher, 37s or 38s I think will be enough.

The new jeeps DO NOT ride better than this red one with a Rubicon express lift on it. Now of course if you take a 40 year old suspension and compare it to brand new then yes a new rides better than an old cj.

Attachments

• IMG_4007.jpg
    IMG_4007.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
This is what it looks like now awaiting bigger tires and some sterring componets.

This may need a ropeladder but when I get the tires on it I am going to work on getting it back down some. The tires are diffrent in this pic but the same height.

Attachments

• CAM00126.jpg
    CAM00126.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 6
high lift short wheel base whatcha expect.. you want a good ride get a full size truck the jeep was/is compromise between agility and off road with a little day driving in between.

Back
Top Bottom