• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can a wife sell her husbands guns in GA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my understanding he will be arrested once he is released from the hospital.

More than likely he will end up a felon and the guns won't be allowed anyway. I'm genuinely interested now to understand how to prove you own a weapon other than maybe an insurance rider. He could have bought all his guns on the ODT with no paper trail.

More than likely he will end up a felon and the guns won't be allowed anyway. I'm genuinely interested now to understand how to prove you own a weapon other than maybe an insurance rider. He could have bought all his guns on the ODT with no paper trail.
He may not be a felon, but domestic violence is the easiest ticket to gun loss.

I will reiterate - GA is NOT a community property state. Your property is yours, hers is hers. Georgia does Equitable Distribution upon divorce, but that is not what is at play here. Your wife can not sell your property any more than I can. If she does sell it, his lawyer can and should use that against her.

If he is truly a danger, there are legal avenues for protection. Selling his property is not one of them.

Hence I dont own any guns, but my legal entity aka Trust has them.

I offered to hold them. She would do the selling not me.
Dude, there's no way I would hold onto another man's guns. Innocent until proven guilty, He CAN report them as stolen since they are not in his domicile and then you get slammed for possession of stolen property.

I know he didn't get them here. I mentioned the ODT to him when I met him and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I only met him a few times seemed ok but lost it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom