• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can a wife sell her husbands guns in GA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hence I dont own any guns, but my legal entity aka Trust has them.

Good point, I forgot about the trust (and I have one).... It's unlikely the guns we are talking about are NFA however. Cobalt explained that she couldn't legally do it. I agree if that's the law, but I still think it would be very hard to prove ownership of an individual item.

Good point, I forgot about the trust (and I have one).... It's unlikely the guns we are talking about are NFA however. Cobalt explained that she couldn't legally do it. I agree if that's the law, but I still think it would be very hard to prove ownership of an individual item.
I put all my weapons in my trust, not just NFA. I agree with Cobalt and theres no way I'd be holding the guns, let the system play its part, he'll lose his rights and she'll own the guns and then she can sell them.

I put all my weapons in my trust, not just NFA. I agree with Cobalt and theres no way I'd be holding the guns, let the system play its part, he'll lose his rights and she'll own the guns and then she can sell them.

He loses the right to posses them, but retains the benefit of his investment. The legal thing to do if his rights are stripped is for the firearms to be sold by an agent for the husband and the proceeds go to him. The funds may be subject to equitable distribution in the divorce that I assume is coming.

He loses the right to posses them, but retains the benefit of his investment. The legal thing to do if his rights are stripped is for the firearms to be sold by an agent for the husband and the proceeds go to him. The funds may be subject to equitable distribution in the divorce that I assume is coming.
Yes I believe you are correct on the divorce. My wife is helping pack up her friends stuff so she and her kids can go to her parents.

I agree with the majority of posts. Dont take it as it can be construed as stealing the man's firearms. The best course of action would be having the local PD pick them up until after everything has settled down. As for the man, there is no reason to lay a hand on your partner like that in any situation ..... unless she likes that sort of thing *i kid i kid*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom