• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can an 18 have his fathers gun in car loaded?

A 18 year old can carry his fathers gun loaded in his car

• Total voters
With all the shootings going and crazy people in the world I don’t think it’s a shame I think it’s logical buddy

I think your way of thinking is part if the problem. If the feds trust an 18 yr old to go fight and die in Iraq, Afghanistan etc then they damn sure should trust them to exercise the right to bear arms at home. What age do you feel our government should allow someone to carry/own a firearm?

to be fair, we currently treat a military id as a carry permit here in ga. So if they can fight for their country. Or run a truck in fort Rucker Alabama, they can carry here.

So an 18 yr old has to join the military to be granted that privilege. That seems to run afoul of the Second amendment.

You have added another element.

If he is a passenger in his own vehicle he can possess a handgun.

The law still doesn't make sense though
So again, it's similar to his home. He can carry in his own home or car but not someone else's? Correct? Or are 18 year olds allowed to carry in a home they don't reside in?

Just trying to see if there is any major difference between an 18 carrying in his own vehicle vs his residence.

Or are 18 year olds allowed to carry in a home they don't reside in?

The law does not state that someone else home is a place where someone can carry without a permit. It's another example where a GWL can carry, but because an 18 year old is not eligible, he could not carry there.

I always advise local people to get their legal advise from a holy roller in Colorado, with a degree from a junior college in "entrepreneurship ".

Whatever floats your boat.

Were you not the one who argued until they were blue in the face about the traffic laws concerning intersections and lights?

Back
Top Bottom