• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can my friend mail my firearm back to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GC Josh

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
Pew Pew
74   0
Reaction score
Shame on me:

I went on a hunting trip last week ago with a buddy who lives in South GA. We took his truck, and I accidentally left my daily carry handgun under the seat. He lives ~4-5 hours from me, and I won't see him again until this summer.

Can he send the slide and barrel in one box, and the frame in another, and send back via a few different packages? We both live here in GA. Google seems to conjure up all sorts of conflicting information.

Thank you.

Shame on me:

I went on a hunting trip last week ago with a buddy who lives in South GA. We took his truck, and I accidentally left my daily carry handgun under the seat. He lives ~4-5 hours from me, and I won't see him again until this summer.

Can he send the slide and barrel in one box, and the frame in another, and send back via a few different packages? We both live here in GA. Google seems to conjure up all sorts of conflicting information.

Thank you.
bofis GA residents?

It's not against the law, since it's not a "transfer" between residents of diff. states.
It's really not a transfer at all. It's always been your gun, not his.
But, you can't send a handgun via US Postal Service,
and I don't think any common carrier like UPS or FedEx will (due to company policy) take shipments of handguns between private residents who don't have an FFL

You need to find an ODT member who is planning a road trip to Florida between Christmas and New Year's Day, to just bring back that pistol to your part of North Georgia.
Like that guy who got that motorcycle from that other ODT member who wrenches bikes for a living, and who is planning a multi-state 3-day trip, coming back to ATL via the SW corner of the state and passing thru or near Albany & Americus.

It’s 100% legal even if it was a sale.

The only time an FFL is needed is if the firearm crosses state lines. If that gun belonged to Bubba in Albany, Ga and you bought it here for example…. so long as you meet the carrier’s guidelines it’s 100% legal to mail it to someone in the same state.

It's legal. USPS doesn't allow pistols from non FFL's. UPS and FedEx does.

I would ground ship via UPS and fully insure it.
Don't take it to a UPS store, the employees there are retards.

Tell him to box it, weigh it, measure it, print a UPS label and give it to his UPS driver or drop off location. Don't overthink it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom