• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can my friend mail my firearm back to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I checked, I called UPS and was told to take it to a Customer Center which is essentially their hub with a short timeframe for servicing customers. I’m assuming it’s because they don’t trust their employees at the drop off locations or their delivery drivers. Which is odd because they deliver firearms every day.

It's legal. USPS doesn't allow pistols from non FFL's. UPS and FedEx does.

I would ground ship via UPS and fully insure it.
Don't take it to a UPS store, the employees there are retards.

Tell him to box it, weigh it, measure it, print a UPS label and give it to his UPS driver or drop off location. Don't overthink it.

FYI - UPS & Fedex no longer accepts any type of firearms from private parties. They only accept from FFL companies....nothing to do with the legality of shipping; it is their company policies now.

amazing ya'll think ya'll so secret about stuff on the site and then ask questions like this. Its Christmas lots of things moving in the mail Lots of parts,lots of tools.

Attachments

• IMG_5869.jpeg
    IMG_5869.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 11
Last time I checked, I called UPS and was told to take it to a Customer Center which is essentially their hub with a short timeframe for servicing customers. I’m assuming it’s because they don’t trust their employees at the drop off locations or their delivery drivers. Which is odd because they deliver firearms every day.
It’s because ups stores are not ups or ups employees. They’re all independently owned franchises

It's legal. USPS doesn't allow pistols from non FFL's. UPS and FedEx does.

I would ground ship via UPS and fully insure it.
Don't take it to a UPS store, the employees there are retards.

Tell him to box it, weigh it, measure it, print a UPS label and give it to his UPS driver or drop off location. Don't overthink it.

Has to go 2nd day air even though it obviously wouldn’t ever be in the air. Truthfully it would probably be cheaper to have a local FFL ship it to a local to you FFL using the postal service

IMG_7718.jpeg

It’s 100% legal to ship a gun inside state lines to yourself or anyone else that isn’t legally prohibited from owning one the only catch is that only an ffl holder can ship a handgun through usps to an unlicensed person usps…. FedEx and ups will but they have rules about how and which shipping method you have to use. The one rub about the law is that it’s very clear that you have to follow the carrier rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom