"CAN" suggestions and place to purchase

Kaotiktribe

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
137   0
Reaction score
Im ready to purchase my 1st suppressor and would like your input on best type and place of purchase. Ive never used one so have no real clue on how much sound is actually suppressed.

I will be using a 10.5 AR as a host. Most likely it will never be removed so i dont believe a QD one is absolutely nessesary.

Also can a .30 cal can be used on a 5.56? If i did decide to use it on other toys.

And last is place of purchase. Im aware paperwork process takes FOREVER, but would like opinions on places of purchase at reasonable prices with friendly help as being my first can i dont wanna get treated like a dumb a$$. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I also dont mind driving for a good deal.

I would recommend Cherokee Gun & Pawn based on your location. Rich has lots of knowledge on product and process.

Setting up a trust does not take a long time. After you make the decision and purchase, the LONG wait is for the ATF to process, approve, and return.

Good luck.

Would like to look at one more compact like a Surefire mini. Seen some pretty long and heavy ones.
First off, the 10.5" AR wont be "quiet" ever, period. But if it's what you want do it

2nd, the surefire mini will not be quiet ever, at any length. and It's expensive for what it is.

3rd, the biggest regret I have read from long time NFA owners is temporary obsessions with micro cans. You're not running swat missions and the suppression will not be impressive.

But If size is very important for you and you really want to make your first can on an AR even though it will be fairly loud, then do it, but get a well built can, the 10.5" puts a hurting on your blast baffle.

Would an inch make a difference? Ive got an 11.5 i could use instead. I understand a shorter one probably wouldnt be as effective as a reg size one, but i didnt want to end up with a 20" AR. Im not a tall guy so i dont want something long enough to hit my thighs much less knees when wearing a 1 point sling.

The main huge benefit on SBR's with cans is the blast mitigation. If youve never shot a 10.5" AR unsuppressed, you'd be surprised at how different it is. Short AR's with cans are my favorite guns to shoot. But I have to have a can.

And not so fast on the SF Mini there lax. The 762 mini is the same size as the 556SOCOM, but with a 30cal hole. It will have a different tone, less back pressure, but be identical in size to their fullsize 556. the 30 cal hole will also help with baffle erosion, although, that won't be much of an issue with surefire. Not many out there as well built as the SF.

If you will be shooting primarily 556 and short 762's (300BLK and 762x39), I would go for the Mini762, as that is what it was designed for.

Back
Top Bottom