"CAN" suggestions and place to purchase

i would look at a can that is built like a tank for an SBR. take a look at Elite Iron. Surefire makes good cans BUT you can get similar performance for cheaper. you are paying for that sweet DoD contract they have.

i would look at a can that is built like a tank for an SBR. take a look at Elite Iron. Surefire makes good cans BUT you can get similar performance for cheaper. you are paying for that sweet DoD contract they have.

Just looked em up they got 3 models for .30 cal ranging from 8-10" ........thats huge! Make an SBR a full length rifle again.

I am in the same boat as you. Looking for a can to put on a 10.5" LMT. The can will stay on 90% of the time and 100% of the time if GA ever passes hunting with suppressors. I want the shortest and lightest with sound reduction coming in last because it as an AR afterall. I have looked at everyone.

AAC mini cans are mostly vaporware and the mounts are the weak point. OpsInc has potential, but you need for them to build you a barrel extension for a 10.5. With SRT Arms, Gemtech, and Yankee Hill you have to go titanium to get light, and there are potential issues there. The Silencero Saker has potential, but still a little on the heavy end when you can get the Surefire 7.62 can for lighter and shorter. I think I am down to the Saker and either the 5.56 or 7.62 minis, but I am still not decided at this point. And definitely get a can that utilizes a mount because it will help protect your can from erosion on the short barrel.

Is everyone's opinion on the AAC mounts based on experience or reviews? I'm not saying they are the best design but all mine lock up tight and I've never had any issues.

Back
Top Bottom