• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"CAN" suggestions and place to purchase

If you plan on shooting your .308 and I know you had mentioned before about the 300 blackout I would think a .30 cal can is a good start. I use my SDN-6 on everything. It's the most enjoyable on bolt guns obviously because the AR's are still gonna be louder in comparison but it does bring the noise down to a comfortable level. I initially wanted a 5.56 can but thankfully I went with the .30 cal can instead for its versatility and it was a great decision. They are expensive and the wait is long so getting the most bang for my buck has paid off. I think even if I was going to buy another rifle can I would get another .30 cal can because I feel like it does good enough for me on the AR's now. I'd be happy to let you shoot mine if you wanna hear one on multiple platforms first hand.

Would an inch make a difference? Ive got an 11.5 i could use instead. I understand a shorter one probably wouldnt be as effective as a reg size one, but i didnt want to end up with a 20" AR. Im not a tall guy so i dont want something long enough to hit my thighs much less knees when wearing a 1 point sling.

From what I understand the major pressure reductions begin around the 14" mark, you may want to ask about this on silencer talk.

QRF knows what he is talking about though. What is the material on the surefire blast baffle?

*NVM I see it is built with tons of Icononal, seems very well built. I'm still hesitant to fork over the cash for a mini can based on my intended uses.

Last edited:
Single point slings are garbage anyhow ..... get a good 2 point and youll be ahead of the game to start with. Trying to move with an AR slung in a single point is like watching a monkey and a football .... the single point is just there to give some support, you still have to use a hand to control the weapon or its gonna knock you in the nuts every time you move.

From what I understand the major pressure reductions begin around the 14" mark, you may want to ask about this on silencer talk.

QRF knows what he is talking about though. What is the material on the surefire blast baffle?

*NVM I see it is built with tons of Icononal, seems very well built. I'm still hesitant to fork over the cash for a mini can based on my intended uses.

And thats just it, intended use. If you want something that will mainly reside on a 556 SBR, but will also handle your 308, the SF 762 mini is just about the best small option. I tell everyone though, the SF mount is what really makes it worth the extra money. Compare the mounting systems of any can to a SF side by side, the SF wins hands down. Flat metal on metal contact in tension.

And thats just it, intended use. If you want something that will mainly reside on a 556 SBR, but will also handle your 308, the SF 762 mini is just about the best small option. I tell everyone though, the SF mount is what really makes it worth the extra money. Compare the mounting systems of any can to a SF side by side, the SF wins hands down. Flat metal on metal contact in tension.
Yea and a heck of alot better then the AAC mounts

If you are wanting to get the 30 Cal can you might be better off getting a QD. The thread pitch on a 30 Cal is gonna be 5/8x24 and your 223 gun is threaded 1/2x28. With a QD you would have the mounts and it would work with both and be easier to switch and you won't have to use any adapters.

Great stuff here guys. I'm in the same boat and appreciate the information!
How about that 30 cal can on a 22LR? worthless? good enough? If I can get one that would cross all platforms that would be awesome until I can get a dedicated 22 can.

Great stuff here guys. I'm in the same boat and appreciate the information!
How about that 30 cal can on a 22LR? worthless? good enough? If I can get one that would cross all platforms that would be awesome until I can get a dedicated 22 can.

It will work ok, but remember most 30 Cal cans are not able to be taken apart to be cleaned and 22 is a dirty dirty round.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom